SAMSUNG F1 HD502IJ 500GB SATA II 16MB 69$

yea but these are really good drives from what i have been reading , man this is so tempting

ZipZoomfly Part#: 10007683
Manufacturer SKU: HD502IJ
List Price: $99.99
Our Price: $74.99
Instant Rebate: $25.00

ZipZoomfly Part#: 10007436
Manufacturer SKU: 0A35415
List Price: $99.99
Our Price: $79.99
Instant Rebate: $20.00
Mail In Rebate: $10.00 Expires 07/11/08
Final Price: $79.99 ( $69.99
after MIR )

Awsome !!! =)
Never tried This brand But I am broke ...
Got one Coming=)

My friend has This same one but from Microcenter 80 USD.
it scored a 5.7 on vista. over a 5.3 on my 250 GB WD

anyone know how the speed of these compare to the western digital 640gb 2 platter design?

logically the 640GB should be faster.
Platter:
320GB X 2 > 250GB X2
The 640GB also has more cache (32MB).
but the difference shouldn't be that vast, the lowest price 640GB's are around $100
so thats almost $40 more for another 120GB and the extra speed.
for same $100 you can come across some $750 (250GB X3 platters). which is closer in speed to the 640GB.

someone wants to throw in a link?

This drive uses the same 333GB platters as the 640/1TB but it does not fully use them. Same with the 750. So both of them are slower than the 640GB (can you buy this yet?) and 1TB.

i would jump on this if ZZF's hard drive shipping wasnt worse then neweggs :(

its just a styrophome cubbie thing in a box of peanuts with the drive in the static back moving around in the foam box! (drive can move a good 1-2" front to back, and a good inch side to side, about 3/4" top to bottom)....atleast newegg puts some bubble wrap around the actual drive :)

I might still snag one regardless because of the [H]ot price of $60, thats almost 10c per gb!!

I've never had a problem with ZipZoomFly's HD shipping. That little foam container they use has always held the drive secure. While it's possible to move a little bit, I think 1" - 2" would be over exaggerating from my experience. Not saying it didn't happen, just saying that I haven't seen it. I've ordered a handfull of hard drives from them -- 5+.

It's much better than most places where the HD is just tossed into a box of peanuts.

This drive performs greatly! I have had this drive for over a year now and bought it for somewhere around $200 if memory serves... Night and day difference over any 8mb cache drive. I just bought the new 750gb spin point with 32 megs of cache that I'll be testing this week.

So what exactly are you trying to get at? Zip Zoom fly is not an authorized seller? Hence, no RMA. Hence, no warranty?

What id your "authorized seller" goes belly up? What id he just doesn't give a shit about servicing Samsung's warranty? What id he decided to gauge you by charging you a "fee" to process the warranty? who will you complain to if the "authorized seller" simply tells you to go take a hike when there's an issue with your claim? Bottom line is Samsung sucks for doing this and the customer is bound to suffer in one way or another. i hope their sales dry up to nothing.

What id your "authorized seller" goes belly up? What id he just doesn't give a shit about servicing Samsung's warranty? What id he decided to gauge you by charging you a "fee" to process the warranty? who will you complain to if the "authorized seller" simply tells you to go take a hike when there's an issue with your claim? Bottom line is Samsung sucks for doing this and the customer is bound to suffer in one way or another. i hope their sales dry up to nothing.

QFT. I'm worried about the reseller not being around in a year or two when you are you still are supposed to have warranty.

Back