Samsung Expects Steady Q3 Profit Despite Note 7 Recall

HardOCP News

[H] News
Wow. How much money does a company have to make to expect to rake in a $7 billion profit after the massive losses caused by the Note 7 recall? Damn, maybe Samsung need to design all their products to explode. :eek:

Samsung Electronics expects operating profits of 7.8 trillion won and revenues of 49 trillion won for the third quarter of 2016, the company has said in its preliminary guidance. Operating profits are a jump of 5.55 percent compared to a year ago, but 4.18 percent lower than the previous quarter, when the company posted 8.12 trillion won, its highest in two years thanks to a revival of its mobile business.

About 8 billion or so maybe. Samsung conglomerate ate 1 billion to do this recall and it may be more than that. Keep in mind that legal indamnities areally still pending and that there is a top loading washing machine issue ad well, nevermind loss in sales from Hanjin collapse.

I wonder how much public trust will drop base don the phone batteries and washing machines? The Note 8 - new feature "no longer catches fire!".
In all seriousness, does the general public even pay attention to this kind of stuff?

I wonder how much public trust will drop base don the phone batteries and washing machines? The Note 8 - new feature "no longer catches fire!".
In all seriousness, does the general public even pay attention to this kind of stuff?

This event honestly is the best chance of us having a wake-up call before a catastrophic cabin fire in flight accident were to occur and burn the risk into the general public's mind.
I am pessimistic though. It's been memeworthy, but I think it's not staying with the general public at all.

The dust has yet to settle...

Personally I have been a big fan of the Note series but this is proof that Samsung doesn't give a crap about QC and just builds on my previous experiences...

3/5 note devices that I have owned have needed warranty service... That's 60% of the devices I have owned and was no fault of me. All of my devices look brand new after my 11-12 months of use...

I almost waited for Google this year actually but I got sucked in again for my 5th Note device. While I really like it, I'm very interested in the Google Pixel XL. I may actually buy one or I may wait until the new one next year. I'm a lot less likely to stay with Samsung at this point. They are still coming up short with. security updates, even after all of their statements about timely updates for "flagship devices".

Google lucked out with Samsung's failure big time because some people who wanted Note 7 devices can't even get them, some are scared of all Samsung phones and some who are like me... One more bad experience to fan the flames.

Great devices with poor after sales support and high failure rates... That is how I describe Samsung devices...

They have been making a surprising amount of revenue with the successful mypillow.com ad campaign. They also have a 43% share in Adele record sales, which had a banner year last year. I could provided numerous other claims, but you wouldn't believe me.

They have been making a surprising amount of revenue with the successful mypillow.com ad campaign. They also have a 43% share in Adele record sales, which had a banner year last year. I could provided numerous other claims, but you wouldn't believe me.

Oh you.
I didn't know that mypillow.com is involved with 14nm FinFET though!

Back