Samsung Evo or Pro microSD for Padfone X?

johnnyscience

Limp Gawd
I want a 64gb Samsung MicroSD & they have 2 different versions:

Evo - writes up to 48MB/s
Pro - writes up to 90MB/s

I have a Padfone X

Would I benefit by going with the Pro for faster writing speeds? Can the Padfone X even utilize that speed? If not I will go with the Evo.

Thanks.

I want a 64gb Samsung MicroSD & they have 2 different versions:

Evo - writes up to 48MB/s
Pro - writes up to 90MB/s

I have a Padfone X

Would I benefit by going with the Pro for faster writing speeds? Can the Padfone X even utilize that speed? If not I will go with the Evo.

Thanks.
Evo because its cheaper and i don't believe your phone need to go any faster. I say this while owning the Pro model myself, but I'm expecting to use this in a DSLR later.

Ok, this will be dedicated to the Padfone X so no point in paying for something it can't utilize.

You're positive it can't write at the Pro speeds? Where is this info even listed on cell phone specs?

Ok, this will be dedicated to the Padfone X so no point in paying for something it can't utilize.

You're positive it can't write at the Pro speeds? Where is this info even listed on cell phone specs?

Even if it can there's basically no point to the extra speed in a cell phone. The use case there is write a few times and read a bunch. It'll take a bit longer to fill up at first but that's it.

I don't know if your phone could or couldn't. But I'm saying there is no need to even it could.

Back