Samsung EcoGreen F3 2TB $109.99 @ Newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Low Roller

[H]ard|Gawd
SAMSUNG EcoGreen F3 HD203WI 2TB

$109.99 *no rebate* Free shipping

Link

UPDATE!!! Now with free USB docking station!

Thanks KevinG for noticing the combo deal :)

Last edited:
I would like to be the first to post-Sweet find OP. I love how the 2tbs are starting their slide. And this is a good drive to boot.

I just bought 4 of these when they were $109.99 with the promo code. Great drives so far, and I've finally been able to consolidate my data onto 2 of these from the 5 or 6 smaller drives I had sitting around. Good for organization (and peace of mind) because I don't have files strewn about over several HDDs.

A friend of mine missed out on the sale and bought one on Thursday for $139.99, haha. I just emailed him this. Wonder if Newegg will refund him the $30 since he bought it between sales?

^ Good call, KevinG. He'll undoubtedly be even more miffed at that, lol

nice, guess I'll finally move on this...probably go lower in the next couple of months but the free docking station really pushes it through

thanks to OP for posting and KevinG for the followup!

soooo tempting!.... if ONLY i didnt spend so much on steam sales.... T.T

bought 2 of these just this past week @ same prices w/ the dock.. hmmm, might get another 2.

Oh wow, that is a damn good price. I hope this lasts for another week, at least.

^ Dude it's a Seagate. Did you even look at the reviews? They are horrid. Not that all of Seagate's drives are bad, but I wouldn't trust my data on that thing if it were free.

^ Dude it's a Seagate. Did you even look at the reviews? They are horrid. Not that all of Seagate's drives are bad, but I wouldn't trust my data on that thing if it were free.

Whew, glad somebody said it because I didn't want to start that. I agree. Seagate isn't exactly pumping out quality drives like the Samsung that was on sale originally. Samsung>Seagate

Also no free docking station.

At least when you have to eventually RMA the drive you could have sold the docking station to offset the shipping costs. :D

Samsung>Seagate

Samsung>no data at all>Seagate

At least with no data at all, you're not out money when it's time to RMA...

I'm very suspicious of those reviews. I suspect Western Digital has seeded NewEgg with bad reviews, as I have six Seagate drives with zero problems. Have you actually used these drives like I have or are you just regurgitating reviews that can be easily faked by competitors?

Don't trust the Egg when it comes to hard drives. Of course Western Digital would attack the hard drive king.

I'm very suspicious of those reviews. I suspect Western Digital has seeded NewEgg with bad reviews, as I have six Seagate drives with zero problems. Have you actually used these drives like I have or are you just regurgitating reviews that can be easily faked by competitors?

Don't trust the Egg when it comes to hard drives. Of course Western Digital would attack the hard drive king.

I'm sorry... Seagate the HDD king??? LOLOLOLOL... OK... hahahahaha... OMG... really???

Tell that to those like me who have lost GB's of precious data thanks to 7200.11 and even 7200.12 that decided to take a dump and die a terrible dead when they weren't even a year old.

Oh and don't tell "that's what backups are for"... because even some of my backups were destroyed thanks to dying Seagate HDD's.

Well, I've had 4 drives die on me. Two Maxtors that died for no reason and 2 Seagates that just plain stopped working and took my data with it. A buddy of mine who builds computers for medical/ dental offices stopped using Seagates after a couple computers he built had their Seagate drives crash and take valuable info with them. I've yet to have any Samsung or WD drives die on me yet. Till Seagate gets it sheet together, I'm not buying anymore Seagates.

It's true that you shouldn't believe Newegg reviews 100% percent, but their reviews combined with the experiences of my friend and myself lend credence to Seagate's dropping reputation.

Tell that to those like me who have lost GB's of precious data thanks to 7200.11 and even 7200.12 that decided to take a dump and die a terrible dead when they weren't even a year old.

Oh and don't tell "that's what backups are for"... because even some of my backups were destroyed thanks to dying Seagate HDD's.

But... were you running Linux?

I like how during the firmware debacle they refused support and RMA due to users were running Linux, because Seagate doesn't support Linux on their drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back