Samsung Curved 27 and 34 Inch VA Monitors

Really looking forward to these, but this isn't new news. Well done to Guru3D for re-posting something that was posted earlier this month and quoting a source that quoted another source. What happened to original journalism? They even copied somebody else's photo and put their watermark on it. :rolleyes:

VA doesn't suffer from IPS glow... Different technology.

Really looking forward to the 34" ultrawide. I've been hesitant about jumping on the LG because of the glow and BLB issues. I love the contrast and black levels of a VA, so I'm very happy to see it in a new ultrawide monitor.

This could be my next monitor that replaces my current 27" eyefinity setup. I'm especially interested to see how the curved VA panel works out in terms of quality and gamma shift. You'd think the curve might help with the viewing cone problem. And hopefully the VA panel is cheaper than the new curved IPS, 1100€ is simply too much for me at the moment. :(

The other thing is this will lack Adaptive-Sync, and there's also 144 Hz 1440p IPS coming, which might make for a better deal, especially if that comes with A-Sync.

I wonder if the curvature can help alleviate some of the VA viewing angle issues.

Really looking forward to these, but this isn't new news. Well done to Guru3D for re-posting something that was posted earlier this month and quoting a source that quoted another source. What happened to original journalism? They even copied somebody else's photo and put their watermark on it. :rolleyes:

And they need to fix their punctuation.

Guru3D is terrible, better use another site.

Three of those 34 curved monitors can replace my three HP ZR30w's in surround. Not a fan of curved for movies but as an out of the window view for X Plane 10 it looks promising.

This sounds promising, I hope to see more curved monitors. For TVs this curved screen tech is detrimental, but perfect for large monitors for more immersion.

Back