Samsung Could Unveil the Galaxy Note 8 on August 26

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
If this report is accurate, we’ll be seeing Samsung’s attempt of restoring the Note line’s reputation in a little over two months. The company actually intended to debut the phone later but changed their schedule around to beat Apple’s unveiling of the iPhone 8 in September. A 6.3-inch Infinity Display, slightly improved S Pen, dual cameras, Bixby, and a fingerprint reader will grace the Note 8, but unlike the Galaxy S8 and S8+, the latter has been moved to the middle of the device due to complaints.

...Samsung will unveil its next high-end phablet on August 26 at an event in New York. If we compare it to the announcement of the Galaxy Note 7 last year, which was unveiled on August 2, 2016, this is a delay of almost a month. According to the sources, Samsung had planned to launch the Galaxy Note 8 at IFA in September. However, its archrival Apple is likely to show off its next iPhone (either iPhone 7s or iPhone 8) in the same month, so Samsung decided to prepone its phone’s announcement by a week. The iPhone 8 and the Galaxy Note 8 are expected to duke it out to be in the hands of consumers by the festive season later this year.

They should start the video with an 80's/90's style nuclear explosion with the device emerging from it.

Bixby is probably going to ruin this device... I have to say, having a dedicated button on the side that can't be disabled or re-assigned would drive me nuts beyond belief...

First year since the Note 2 that I won't be getting a new Note device. Samsung screwed up badly last year from a customer service point if view with the BS I had to go through with two Note 7 recalls. I've got a Pixel XL now and I don't see myself getting another Samsung device any time soon.

Just waiting on this phone...Nothing else matters. No other phone comes close if you want top of the line with an s-pen.

I love the note style phones but since Samsung is doing this bs curved only crap with there phones I'm sure this is going to be another one I will pass on... not to mention I'm sure it will be a $900 phone...

Bixby is probably going to ruin this device... I have to say, having a dedicated button on the side that can't be disabled or re-assigned would drive me nuts beyond belief...

First year since the Note 2 that I won't be getting a new Note device. Samsung screwed up badly last year from a customer service point if view with the BS I had to go through with two Note 7 recalls. I've got a Pixel XL now and I don't see myself getting another Samsung device any time soon.

I like Samsung phones (currently have a Note 5, from a Note 4, from a Note 2) but I don't use the samsung ecosystem at all - I don't use their store and I'm not going to use their AI voice.

I buy most media through amazon and they host my 6000 song music collection so a phone that supports Alexa would be my first choice - if I had to have one and it looks like you're going to have to have one.

I'm also considering getting an iphone. My wife uses one and I listen to a lot of pod casts - which are always a kludge on Android.

I loved the IR blaster on the Note 4 - I would have kept mine, but it failed after a year and that was the last model to have that feature.

I don't need a new phone, but I would buy one with:

1. decent audio (good dac plus good speakers for non headphone listening to pod casts)
2. good battery
3. water proof
4. no annoying AI / UI
5. I don't care about the screen that much, or the size.
6. Expandable storage

edit:
7. Micro USB + Headphone jack. Ubiquity *is* innovation in this crazy world.

Back