Samsung Chromebook Pro Includes Pen Support And High-Res Display

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
…I think I am already regretting buying a Chromebook Flip a couple of months ago, since this guy doesn’t seem much heavier but comes with a bigger, high-resolution panel. It is also the first Chromebook with stylus support, so it should be doubly useful in tablet mode.

Samsung’s next Chromebook may be a premium model with a 12.3 inch, 2400 x 1600 pixel touchscreen display and a 360-degree hinge that allows the notebook to become a tablet when the screen is tilted back. But that’s just one of the things that makes the Samsung Chromebook Pro unusual. It may also be one of the first Chromebooks to feature support for digital pen input, and the convertible tablet is surprisingly compact for a model with a 12.3 inch screen: it measures 11″ x 8.7″ x 0.55″ and weighs 2.38 pounds.

Not sure about the Rockchip processor though and whether Crouton would play nice with it.

OTOH, Android apps would probably run better.

Hmm I guess ChromeOS will have proper display scaling for the browser part?

Cool except it's probably useless for most students. I wouldn't be able to use it because I (at least I don't think) wouldn't be able to run all the windows (or Mac versions even) programs that I need for school. Sticking with my Surface for now.

Better or worse explosion though?

blast radius and expected damage from explosions should be standard information on all mobile devices now. Need to make sure we are all getting the best bang for our buck :)

Back