Samsung C34F791 and Asus PG348q side by side.

cmacclel

Limp Gawd
Well I have both monitors on my desk right now and am torn :) The Samsung has virtually no black light bleed and looks great. The text on the Samsung is definitely a touch sharper on the other hand because of the more pronounced curve the Samsung looks like a 32" monitor compared to the Asus it's actually 3/4" narrower.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
MOAR videos please! Perhaps show BF1 on it.... Samsung says my CF791 will be delivered sometime around Jan 2 gaaahhhh..... where did you get yours microcenter?

IMG_0826-vi.jpg

IMG_0807-vi.jpg

IMG_0821-vi.jpg

MOAR videos please! Perhaps show BF1 on it.... Samsung says my CF791 will be delivered sometime around Jan 2 gaaahhhh..... where did you get yours microcenter?

Yes Microcenter ordered on the 23rd picked it up a few hours ago. The Samsung is nice just kills me that they only give a 1 year warranty and no G-Sync also in looks a 32" compared to the Asus :) I love how there is no backlight bleed and 100hz works perfect but can't overclock an higher or I get a segmented screen. The default normal setting on the Samsung is super warm but setting it to cool 1 makes it normal.

That's cool, I had the X34 but sold it when I got my LG OLED 55"

The X34 BLB bothered me, the lowly IPS contrast bothered me and it felt a bit too wide......

I had wished there was more curve on the X34 so the CF791 should be more up my alley. I'm running a Titan XP so keeping 100hz stable should not be to much of an issue....I like that you say it feels like a 32" cause the X34 was too wide for my tastes.

I am thinking this will tide me over until we get proper 120hz 4k displays

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
That's cool, I had the X34 but sold it when I got my LG OLED 55"

The X34 BLB bothered me, the lowly IPS contrast bothered me and it felt a bit too wide......

I had wished there was more curve on the X34 so the CF791 should be more up my alley. I'm running a Titan XP so keeping 100hz stable should not be to much of an issue....I like that you say it feels like a 32" cause the X34 was too wide for my tastes.

I am thinking this will tide me over until we get proper 120hz 4k displays

Even with my 980ti at 1500Mhz I'm pretty much at 100FPS for everything I play. I had the 1080 Classified but returned it as I saw under a 10% gain. I'm waiting for the 1080ti or maybe a Pascal Titan.

Even with my 980ti at 1500Mhz I'm pretty much at 100FPS for everything I play. I had the 1080 Classified but returned it as I saw under a 10% gain. I'm waiting for the 1080ti or maybe a Pascal Titan.

As a 980Ti owner I'm pleasantly surprised to see something like this.

I always appreciate threads like these. :)

Back