Samsung and their retarded stands

The Lurker

Fully [H]
I got myself a Samsung C34F. Amazing monitor, absolutely stupid stand and vesa mount because the height adjustment mechanism is built into the screen and not the stand. Here is a picture of the conversion plate to either wall mount or vesa mount the screen since it does not have a standard built in vesa pattern.
IMG_20181023_203534.jpg

This is my adaptation of the center piece to the vesa bracket off an old monoprice arm.

IMG_20181023_225231.jpg

Just bolt a good VESA mount to your desk or the wall or if stick frame building a stud in the wall. They make clamp on desk ones too but I dislike them. A good VESA mount/arm deal will last forever with minimal maintenance.

Just bolt a good VESA mount to your desk or the wall or if stick frame building a stud in the wall. They make clamp on desk ones too but I dislike them. A good VESA mount/arm deal will last forever with minimal maintenance.

Ordered an Amazon Basics premium, looks like a rebranded Ergotron LX. Probably is.

Edit: setup the arm last night. it's definitely the same exact design as an ergotron lx. The only difference is the thickness of the metal. The lx arms, from my past experience, are much heavier and beefier. This Amazon version is clearly not intended for a commercial application.

Last edited:
Back