Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe - $229

MB_

n00b
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BN217QG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

$50 price drop, hell of a deal. This thing SCREAMS.

zoom zoom.PNG

Nice. I have the 250GB version as a boot drive and it works extremely fast as well. (I have plenty of SSD space for everything else on other drives.)

Oh man...this looks good for my new planned build. I was going to wait for Black Friday but not sure if it will get any better than this .....

SSD price drop will go down as much as 8 cents/gb in 2019. Wait little longer.

SSD price drop will go down as much as 8 cents/gb in 2019. Wait little longer.

Where you getting this info? And are we talking NVME SSD or just SATA? Anyway, sadly, this deal is dead and I would've def jumped on it. Oh well.

Where you getting this info? And are we talking NVME SSD or just SATA? Anyway, sadly, this deal is dead and I would've def jumped on it. Oh well.

Not sure where, but I remember reading this same thing like 2-3 days ago, and IIRC, it was referring mainly to nvme drives, but may also help bring down the prices on anything else that uses flash memory too :)

I was about to jump on a similar deal for a 970 evo, but have decided to wait a bit to see what happens. Since I already have 2x 950 pro's which are pretty dang fast in their own rights, I don't really NEED a bigger/faster drive, but I generally like to stay on the bleeding edge performance wise.....

I've owned a few M.2 drives from various manufacturers... will only buy Samsung for the time being as they seem to be the only ones that consistantly do not have issues. Have a 1TB HP drive collecting dust as I type. Those numbers are great for a EVO at that price. Compare to my 1TB 970 Pro

x35rpd.jpg

Reactions: isp
like this
Geez I paid $329 for a 500GB 970 late last year. I ended up getting a free one though (I'm not going to explain how that happened) so really they were $165-ish each. I put them in RAID0. Slightly better performance but half the capacity (that 4k Q8T8 write number looks suspect but I ran it twice).

Anybody have the 1TB model in RAID0? I'd like to get a gander at those numbers...
CDM.png

I've owned a few M.2 drives from various manufacturers... will only buy Samsung for the time being as they seem to be the only ones that consistantly do not have issues. Have a 1TB HP drive collecting dust as I type.

Any chance you're referring to the ex920? If so, what kind of issues did you have?

So tempted but I think there may be a better deal to be had closer to BF ($20 off $200 with MasterPass etc.)

I have Evo 970 500gb its blazing fast, Windows and 2 games and its rocking my world! worth every penny

Any chance you're referring to the ex920? If so, what kind of issues did you have?

That's the one. I tried on 3 different Intel platforms and it would simply go from acting normally to being not recognized at boot by the MOBO. I had to run it on my son's PC to wipe it when I was planning on returning it.. then I remembered the Egg's return nick and just kept it. It's completely unsupported on HP's site, I was hoping to find a firmware update. If they ever release one I might toss it in my current rig on the secondary M.2 as a game drive. It might be a defective a drive so grain of salt here. Just my personal experience and I currently own about 5 Samsung M.2 drives.. no issues with any of em.

I tried to post a negative review on the egg... it got shot into a black hole apparently.

My2c.

Reactions: isp
like this
I just picked up a 960 evo 500 for $79 + tax...hoping this thing goes to 2x this price new...ok with 500, but good deal if you need it now.

Just installed mine, and very pleased with the performance of it. Great deal!

samsung970evo1tbperformance.JPG

My Newegg order just came in. Now to figure out what to do with it since I don't have any new builds on deck at the moment. I was thinking of doing a Threadripper build / is tempting but since the Ryzen 2 announcement, there's no point doing that until a TR based on R2 cores comes out.

Dang, Microcenter had one locally open-box for $223. This is brand new for $227, awesome!

I was gonna pass on this upgrade but now I'm not sure I can hold back :D.

I just got my 970 EVO 1TB today. Can't wait to install it and run some benchmarks!

Amazon is making me return the one I bought 2 weeks ago and repurchase at the new price rather than just giving me a $50 refund. Odd...

Amazon is making me return the one I bought 2 weeks ago and repurchase at the new price rather than just giving me a $50 refund. Odd...

They have tried to pull that on me, and I got a bit nasty with them and they credited me the amount instead. Just be firm and tell them that is ridiculous.

Dang, Microcenter had one locally open-box for $223. This is brand new for $227, awesome!

I was gonna pass on this upgrade but now I'm not sure I can hold back :D.

Micro Center has dropped the price to $220 without a bundle so you could get it down to $215 + sales tax with the retailmenot coupon.

Micro Center has dropped the price to $220 without a bundle so you could get it down to $215 + sales tax with the retailmenot coupon.
Nice, I’m not sure what the threshold is for the 5% off with the MC card is but that can drop it further.

Back