Samsung 960 PRO and 960 EVO Details and Specifications

Newegg got some in stock as well. Purchased the 1TB 960 EVO, since Newegg doesn't charge me sales tax like Amazon does.

Not sure if I'll keep my current 500GB 850 EVO, or just sell it to recoup some cost.

Newegg got some in stock as well. Purchased the 1TB 960 EVO, since Newegg doesn't charge me sales tax like Amazon does.

Not sure if I'll keep my current 500GB 850 EVO, or just sell it to recoup some cost.
You're still supposed to pay that sales tax though =)

Here at last! :D

mrzas6.jpg

Last edited:
I wish they'd make a 2TB EVO. 1TB is nice, but 2TB means I'd never have to worry about space in a laptop. Oh well...maybe in 6 months.

Still waiting on my 500GB from Samsung via Friends and Family discount. Got my 2nd 'backordered' email reminder from Samsung. Local Dallas Microcenter has it in stock. Decisions, decisions.

Is anyone else getting weird hard stutters? Fresh Install of W10. All of a sudden, programs will just freeze for 20-ish seconds waiting to do something. Like it just happened to me in notepad when I accidentally opened help, which opened edge. I've had it happen a few times before doing other things,

I ended up getting the Evo

Is anyone else getting weird hard stutters? Fresh Install of W10. All of a sudden, programs will just freeze for 20-ish seconds waiting to do something. Like it just happened to me in notepad when I accidentally opened help, which opened edge. I've had it happen a few times before doing other things,

I ended up getting the Evo
Yep.. i've experienced this. I have rhe evo 250. But it only seems to happen if i increase the scaling in windows 10 (i am using a tv for display from distance)

I have a new graphics card and had put it down to that though

anybody please test with a DiskSDP please !!

20+ i/o threads and queue depth of 32+

thanks !!

Just got my 960 Evo in the mail today. Data migrated over from my 850 Evo without a problem...except Samsung's website says the NVMe driver can't be downloaded again until tomorrow as they reached their download limit. WTF Samsung. Only time I've ever purchased a product and then not been able to download a driver for it from the manufacturer immediately.

So very much considering this for a VMware host. The current Intel 740(?) Is getting full.

VMware needs fast sync-writes though, right? Anyone got a preference for that use?

Is it worth getting heat ram sinks for this drive?
No, it comes with a heat spreader built into the label. I've never encountered throttling. If you're worried, just make sure there's decent airflow over the drive.

Yup. I'm trying to get my hands on a 256GB one for a small itx build for my dad... SOL unless you want to pay 2x the price.

Back