Samsung 960 EVO m.2 500GB NVMe Configuring Question

ptr1959w

Weaksauce
Hi there,
I heard it was very difficult to config a NVMe SSD drive ? Is that So?

Last edited:
In what way? I just plugged mine in and used the Samsung Drivers and data migration tool just like shown in this video:

It was super easy. If installing from a totally new drive on a new build you should know that original windows 7 installers do not have the NVME drivers so you'd have to install on another drive and then clone over.

If you are installing windows to it, the BIOS just needs to be set to UEFI mode. Windows 8.1 and 10 will install normally as to any hard disk (just a lot faster) while 7 requires injection of a couple of hotfixes to be integrated to the install disc. Only then will it install like 8.1 or 10.

Hi there,
Can I use Macruim Reflect to make a clone of the old SSD or use a migration software? What would be the best one to use?

Hi there,
Can I use Macruim Reflect to make a clone of the old SSD or use a migration software? What would be the best one to use?

I used Macrium when I got my 960 EVO and it worked perfectly. As a matter of fact I've used it many times in the past and it's the perfect free cloning software as far as I'm concerned.

Hi there,
Thanks for the reply and help.I use Macrium Reflect allt the time but never used the cloning part of the program.

Use the Samsung specific software. It's free (DL from their website) and works great.

Back