Samsung 940 LCDs

hewho

n00b
Now that I have brough everyone in the family a new lcd monintor,
it is time to replace my old Samsung crt.

I use the puter mostly for AutoCad, PhotoShop and some movies.
Other than testing out games for the grand kits, I am a non-gamer.

Which lcd is better for my use, 940B or 940T ?

Thanks
JT

I would think the 940t is better as it is based on the much acclaimed samsung panel that the 1905fp (older version) used. I don't think lcds are really advancing in technology as speed seems to be everything and all other qualities are sacrificed. I've tried asking around here about the 940t without any comments posted so I hope someone can help us both out here by posting some relevant information or personal experiences.

many of the faster samsung panels are 6bit, which will cause some banding here and there. You shouldnt really notice it in general usage (I myself only rarely see it in something like a sunset, clouds, or fog) but if you do a lot of photoshop work, you'll definitely want to make sure you get an 8bit panel to avoid it. If you only do light photoshop work/play no real worries.

I have a 930B and love it.

I agree, I had 2 LG's that both had major problems and cranked out incredible heat. Now I have the Samsung 930B and it's beautiful, crystal clear great response, no ghosting or any such problems. I wouldn't choose anything else now that I've had this one.

I believe the 940T is 8 bit panel.
Can anyone confirm that.

There is not much info on the 940T anywhere .

JT

The 940T uses the Samsung PVA (LTM190E4) 8-bit panel.

Same panel as the Dell 1905FP.

I just received my 940T. First Impression was "Wow its huge". Easily dwarfs my 19" tv. The viewing angles are probably the best you can get. The lighting and everything looks very uniformly bright. I've only played with it for a few minutes though as I have it hooked up to my laptop and need to build my computer, before I see the laptop again.

Anyway, I have a few questions, mostly just monitors in general. Unless I want to adjust the color with magictune, what is the purpose of installing monitor drivers? I was under the impression that just hooking it up and firing it up would be all I needed. It looks fine right now so should I install the dfivers on the cd?

OS has standard drivers for monitor so no need to install them from CD unless you want to access some extra features I believe

I just bought a Samsung 940B after neglecting my PC for a fair while, great monitor in my opinion, colour for me is perfect for gaming but Im sure you would set out for a more professional panel if you are your self a pro. Its simply not an option here however, as such panels exceed the pricing limitations of ur average person. Trading in at 0.61NZD to 1USD doesn't help either...

Back