SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500GB SATA 2.5" SSD $90 in CDW Outlet

Nice find, just picked up 2 of them just over 200$ with tax/shipping ($101.60 per drive)
NOTE: Can only buy one drive per part number (ie two drives total)

Last edited:
are these refurbs or something? why are they so cheap?
The model number is a MZ-76E500E-BSTK so assumed warehouse overflow/backstock they have to cycle out.
Its the model E which is just notated as business, same specs/warranty/TBW/etc as the MZ-76E500B.

are these refurbs or something? why are they so cheap?
Things in the CDW outlet are typically open box returns or overstock closeout. Full normal CDW return policy as well as full manufacturer's normal warranty. (y) Only thing different is the price, which can sometimes be 90% cheaper than normal. Each item number is in stock for qty 1, so if you don't see it as showing in stock, it's gone.
The model number is a MZ-76E500E-BSTK so assumed warehouse overflow/backstock they have to cycle out.
Its the model E which is just notated as business, same specs/warranty/TBW/etc as the MZ-76E500B.
Thank you for the additional information. (y) It's silly that there's a different product number for business and non-business if the product is the same--I have no idea why companies do that unless the packaging is different or something. :confused:

Things in the CDW outlet are typically open box returns or overstock closeout. Full normal CDW return policy as well as full manufacturer's normal warranty. (y) Only thing different is the price, which can sometimes be 90% cheaper than normal. Each item number is in stock for qty 1, so if you don't see it as showing in stock, it's gone.
Thank you for the additional information. (y) It's silly that there's a different product number for business and non-business if the product is the same--I have no idea why companies do that unless the packaging is different or something. :confused:
Some manufacturers do that to prevent price matching. I know years and years ago places like Best Buy did that before they started their own internal brand/models to also prevent price matching. Even one letter/number difference on what was the exact same product and BAM, no price match.

Availability is now "call for availability" looks like they're all sold out.

Some manufacturers do that to prevent price matching. I know years and years ago places like Best Buy did that before they started their own internal brand/models to also prevent price matching. Even one letter/number difference on what was the exact same product and BAM, no price match.
I've seen that too, but CDW usually just carries the same normal stuff that the distributors like Ingram Micro stock. And CDW won't do much in terms of price matching anymore--they're a lot leaner and meaner so most people try to price match using their prices, lol.
Availability is now "call for availability" looks like they're all sold out.
Yep, there was only one available in each of the links since the outlet items have a CDW part number for each individual part available--when they're gone, they're gone!

But you can always search the outlet for more items of the same type. (y)

Darn it! I wanted that deal. If someone hadn't bought it we likely could have also got newegg to honor price matching

Every time I've needed warranty service on an open box buy, I've been denied. It just happened with a Buffalo switch last week. It had 4 dead ports, so I'm sure that's why it got returned to begin with. At this point I'm wary.

It makes no sense because the alternative to selling this stuff again is to send it back, which I'm sure manufacturers don't want.

Darn it! I wanted that deal. If someone hadn't bought it we likely could have also got newegg to honor price matching
They might have, but usually most companies will not honor open box or clearance/closeout price matching.

Every time I've needed warranty service on an open box buy, I've been denied. It just happened with a Buffalo switch last week. It had 4 dead ports, so I'm sure that's why it got returned to begin with. At this point I'm wary.

It makes no sense because the alternative to selling this stuff again is to send it back, which I'm sure manufacturers don't want.
Even with proof of purchase? Where was the open-box from?

I recently had to do a warranty for a Sabrent enclosure I got open-box from microcenter and didn't have an issue since I had the receipt. We've had to do a warranty on an WD RE4 drive we got in the CDW outlet a few years back and it was a pain with WD because WD, but other than that it was normal. :confused:

I guess as all things in life YMMV. We've been buying from CDW for 2 decades now here and there when we need something IT and haven't had any issues with returns through them either. And the Outlet return policy is I think a little longer at 45 days vs 30.

I'm actually working with CDW on a return/exchange/credit on a UPS that we just got from the outlet that was damaged in shipping. Exchange for the same item isn't an option as a new one non-openbox was 3x the price, but they're more than willing to come of up with a fair solution.

Even with proof of purchase? Where was the open-box from?

I recently had to do a warranty for a Sabrent enclosure I got open-box from microcenter and didn't have an issue since I had the receipt. We've had to do a warranty on an WD RE4 drive we got in the CDW outlet a few years back and it was a pain with WD because WD, but other than that it was normal. :confused:

I guess as all things in life YMMV. We've been buying from CDW for 2 decades now here and there when we need something IT and haven't had any issues with returns through them either. And the Outlet return policy is I think a little longer at 45 days vs 30.

I'm actually working with CDW on a return/exchange/credit on a UPS that we just got from the outlet that was damaged in shipping. Exchange for the same item isn't an option as a new one non-openbox was 3x the price, but they're more than willing to come of up with a fair solution.

Was from Amazon.. crazy bc all the parts were still sealed, everything was pristine. But 4 dead ports..

Was from Amazon.. crazy bc all the parts were still sealed, everything was pristine. But 4 dead ports..
I've found Amazon can sometimes be shady as there's counterfit goods just like ebay.

Just saw this--microcenter in-store has the MZ-76E500B/AM for $94.99 or $84.99 when bundled with any cpu motherboard or system.

I've found Amazon can sometimes be shady as there's counterfit goods just like ebay.

Just saw this--microcenter in-store has the MZ-76E500B/AM for $94.99 or $84.99 when bundled with any cpu motherboard or system.
So a few dollars more expensive when you factor in state tax. Pretty good if you got one near you.

It was legit and not from a third party. Buffalo didn't contest that it was legit.

The box it arrived in even had the original manufacturer's shipping label on it.

It was legit and not from a third party. Buffalo didn't contest that it was legit.

The box it arrived in even had the original manufacturer's shipping label on it.
Super weird for them to not honor the warranty like that unless Buffalo is one of those companies that does that sort of thing regularly, but I wouldn't think so as the NAS users using their product would have made it known. Strangest warranty denial story I've ever read. :confused:

Was it a 'you didn't buy from an authorized Buffalo reseller' denial?

Super weird for them to not honor the warranty like that unless Buffalo is one of those companies that does that sort of thing regularly, but I wouldn't think so as the NAS users using their product would have made it known. Strangest warranty denial story I've ever read. :confused:

Was it a 'you didn't buy from an authorized Buffalo reseller' denial?

Nah, was purchased as "used" so no warranty.

Nah, was purchased as "used" so no warranty.
Wow, well if they marked it that way then I can see why they denied it. Everything in the CDW Outlet is still considered new even if it is open box with a full CDW and manufacturers warranties. Otherwise, it wouldn't make sense to compare the prices to new. (y)

Back