Samsung 850 Pro

That's one seriously fast SSD. That pricing structure hurts a little, though. :)

I jizzed so h ard in my pants reading 3 reviews. Steep price, but I think for first gen stacked NAND it's worth it, especially if you're paranoid. We are quickly getting down to some 1 microsecond read/write times. Makes my drive doing 300-400 seem slow lol.

Would love to see a 1.5-2TB by the end of this year or next year with the 860 Pro Second Gen.

What's annoying about this SSD is the really small PCB that they use. If they used a full sized PCB with the same NAND, they could very easily release a 2TB SSD.

I guess they have to milk it some more before releasing the good stuff...:rolleyes:

I was actually shopping around for a new SSD to upgrade my 840 Pro 256GB.... almost pulled the trigger on a 512GB 840 Pro but after seeing this... I may wait and see where MSRP ends up on these... that 1TB would be nice for quite some time.

Do want, though for the price I would probably get a mx100 instead, I just don't need that much performance.

I jizzed so h ard in my pants reading 3 reviews. Steep price, but I think for first gen stacked NAND it's worth it, especially if you're paranoid. We are quickly getting down to some 1 microsecond read/write times. Makes my drive doing 300-400 seem slow lol.

Would love to see a 1.5-2TB by the end of this year or next year with the 860 Pro Second Gen.

This SSD is actually based on second generation 3D NAND (or V-NAND as Samsung calls it)

Back