Samsung 840 pro 512gb for $240 shipped

Wow that's smoking, almost as much as I paid for my 256gb pro. Hope it works for you all :)

Even if it was the non pro 500gb it would still be a hell of a deal.

I call fake!

Keep us updated! This may well be freaking awesome. And we're all counting on you!

http://www.nu2.nu/bst/

A good test to make sure it's real and not fake. It's common on ebay to find flash drives report a higher captivity than they really are. This tool will show if it is.

Almost bit on the same one for $250 from a different seller with way more rep.

The seller registered the eBay account the same day he put that auction up... no one will be getting anything ...and no one should be surprised.

what does the seller gain in doing this? Cant paypal just take the money right from his account?

Crosshairs is right, no one should be surprised...

I'm not surprised. I would never plunk down money on such an amazing deal with the seller not having any feedback. I do hope that the guys here can get their money back without much hassle.

Yeah that sounded too good to be true, but the buyers will all be able to get their money back after Paypal investigates assuming they used that payment method. Takes about 3 weeks maybe?

On a new eBay account Paypal holds the payments for 3 days AFTER delivery confirmation, allowing the buyer a chance to dispute. If no item is delivered, no payment is ever transferred to the seller account. I suppose the scammer is hoping someone will attempt to pay using some other format, like a money order.

Yep, I have yet to receive my SSD. I sent him a message asking about it's ETA but did not hear back. I will send one more message and then I'll file with eBay and Paypal.

I'm not surprised though and frankly it was worth a shot. I had the $240 to spare so either I was going to get the drive or it was going to be held up for a while while Paypal issues it back to me. No big deal. The fact that he took Paypal as a payment was the only reason I took the chance in the first place. I simply don't understand the gain from scamming people. We're just going to file an affidavit and get our money back anyways and then he's got a huge corporation like Paypal now after him.

Man I really wanted that SSD :/

I got a 840 for $300 a while a go, brand new from Amazon so keep your eyes peeled, I am sure by black friday a similar deal will happen and its not much more than this deal here (yes the pro vs non pro but for that price cant complain)

I got a 840 for $300 a while a go, brand new from Amazon so keep your eyes peeled, I am sure by black friday a similar deal will happen and its not much more than this deal here (yes the pro vs non pro but for that price cant complain)

Yup. As I said earlier, someone was selling 512 gb Pros for $300 OBO. I put in $250 and my offer was accepted automatically. This seller also had 250+ positive reps with no negatives.

Should have bought it but oh well, thats for later.

SCAMMER, do not buy! never shipped & did not issue refund as promised. FAIL! porsche_rules ( 806Purple star icon for feedback score in between 500 to 999) Oct-15-13 14:23
SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD512BW 2.5" 512GB MLC Internal Solid State SSD

not looking good on this one

what the seller did was to get all the money from buyers and send the money to a different account so he would keep the money and PP couldn't get the money back from him.

what the seller did was to get all the money from buyers and send the money to a different account so he would keep the money and PP couldn't get the money back from him.

I thought someone else said that PayPal holds the money until a few days after the delivery date for any new eBay sellers.

I thought someone else said that PayPal holds the money until a few days after the delivery date for any new eBay sellers.

Yeah I thought that's how it works as well. Just figured if it was that easy to scam ebay / paypal out of money that more people would do it. I figured ebay & paypal would have figured out a better system.

I'm not sure if they do that on verified PP users.

Reason why I say this is because my friend just started eBay once he got the money he sent it to his bank. It is in his bank in only two days and the only thing that I would say that was maybe the reason was that he was PP verified. :/

They can't remove money from your bank account. They can remove it from your PP account and put you in the negative balance then send you to collections. They will definitely do it also.

I'm not sure if they do that on verified PP users.

Reason why I say this is because my friend just started eBay once he got the money he sent it to his bank. It is in his bank in only two days and the only thing that I would say that was maybe the reason was that he was PP verified. :/

Doesn't matter if you're paypal verified or not. If the ebay count Is new then paypal will hold the money. You have to make a whole buncha sales to get the limitation taken off.

Doesn't matter if you're paypal verified or not. If the ebay count Is new then paypal will hold the money. You have to make a whole buncha sales to get the limitation taken off.

This is true, im at a loss as to what this scammer hoped to accomplish.

Ebay issued a full refund to me today. Like I said previously, it was worth the risk and I'll probably take more chances now that I'm confident that eBay will back me.

Ebay issued a full refund to me today. Like I said previously, it was worth the risk and I'll probably take more chances now that I'm confident that eBay will back me.

Don't take any chances with established accounts, you will be burned. You lucked out because of ebay/paypals policies towards new users.

Don't take any chances with established accounts, you will be burned. You lucked out because of ebay/paypals policies towards new users.

Thank you for the heads up. Didn't think about that. Will tread a bit more cautiously.

Back