Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - $220 shipped

What they said. Of course NCIX just had the same price which is where I ordered it from. Should've known Newegg would've reduced theirs shortly after which would've allowed me to purchase it from Amazon.

That 128GB at $138 shipped looks mighty tempting.

Do you think it'll be noticeably faster than my aging Agility II ?

That 128GB at $138 shipped looks mighty tempting.

Do you think it'll be noticeably faster than my aging Agility II ?

Depends on what you do. More than likely you'll notice a bit of a difference favoring the Samsung.

TLC nand... pass

Would you TLC trolls please go away? As others noted this is NOT TLC and that aside, TLC works just fine for many people. If you don't want it, wonderful, don't buy it, but don't hate on it in every thread with a TLC drive, or now even threads with MLC drives.

i got the crucial m4 whats the hype on the samsungs anyway. Would i notice a difference in speed?

840 Pro is a newer faster drive. Will you notice the differences without benchmarks? Probably not.

i got the crucial m4 whats the hype on the samsungs anyway. Would i notice a difference in speed?

You probably wouldn't be able to perceive the difference. The M4s are nice little drives. The reason people enjoy Samsung drives is probably due to the fact that everything is designed in house and they are extremely reliable. I haven't actually heard of anyone having an issue with one.

Nothing noticeable, except for some write benchmarks. I have an 830, an 840 Pro, and 2 M4s, all 256gb, and damned if I can tell a real world difference.

Anyway, I would almost swear Rakuten had a 256gb Samsung 240 Pro for $200 flat in the last 3 days. I just can't seem to find it.

EDIT: Corrected. Expired yesterday, new customers only.

Last edited:
They had the 256GB 840 Pro for $200 for new customers only. Definitely not the 512GB version.

The non-pro seems to go on sale more often and when it does its in the $140-$150 range.

Would you TLC trolls please go away? As others noted this is NOT TLC and that aside, TLC works just fine for many people. If you don't want it, wonderful, don't buy it, but don't hate on it in every thread with a TLC drive, or now even threads with MLC drives.

Apparently you didn't read the Hard review completely trashing the 128gb drive :eek:
Why support crap guy?

Back