Samsung 840 EVO 250gb@$149.99 again

Odd, its trying to charge me tax on it, never had tax charged on anything I have ordered from Amazon...Guess I will just get a PM from Frys then if I have to pay tax.

Odd, its trying to charge me tax on it, never had tax charged on anything I have ordered from Amazon...Guess I will just get a PM from Frys then if I have to pay tax.

Amazon has been opening up more warehouses/distribution facilities. Wisconsin just got one and now I get charged tax too. Pretty disappointing :(

Amazon has been opening up more warehouses/distribution facilities. Wisconsin just got one and now I get charged tax too. Pretty disappointing :(

I have prime already, I don't need a warehouse closer lol. Indeed, very disappointing.

At the rate the pricing is dropping, I wouldn't be shocked if we don't see 1TB for 299.99 by spring.

At the rate the pricing is dropping, I wouldn't be shocked if we don't see 1TB for 299.99 by spring.

I'm not sure why, but prices on the cheaper, lower capacity SSDs seem to have more significant price drops & sales far more frequently than the 500GB to 1TB drives.

The Evo 1TB has gotten kinda close to $500 a few different times (and only once slightly below that, I think). The M500 960GB has been as low as $460 at times.

Unless Sammy makes a QLC 1TB drive for cheaper, I really don't think the Evo will even hit $400 til the end of summer (and probably only for a sale or two).

Tax is being charged here in Virginia as well. I'm not sure if it's because they just opened a center here, or if the laws changed to make them impose tax anywhere they have a center. I think it's the latter.

Really sucks. Maybe Newegg will pricematch.

Tax is being charged here in Virginia as well.

I'm here in VA as well - I think they do have a center in Sterling now, but it wouldn't matter. VA is now encouraging retailers to levy sales tax on all internet orders headed into the state.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/virginia-internet-sales-tax.html
http://www.newsadvance.com/work_it_lynchburg/news/article_18c9841a-1ac6-11e3-8cd9-001a4bcf6878.html

Larger retailers are being forced to comply, but smaller ones can operate under the radar. Newegg doesn't charge tax for VA...yet.

Yeah, kinda sucks. But we *should* be paying taxes on all sales anyway so what can ya do? I'm sure the state is losing millions every year by not collecting internet tax.

Yeah, kinda sucks. But we *should* be paying taxes on all sales anyway so what can ya do? I'm sure the state is losing millions every year by not collecting internet tax.

Just like states *should* be using our gas taxes to fix our roads that have gone to shit, but they don't (at least not full repaving like they regularly used to).

Wait for $.50 a gig. When inventory has just been cleared it's the worst possible time to buy a commodity item like this.

I think it's the other way around, because Amazon is being forced to collect sales taxes due to a presence in the state (and Amazon and the States argue back and forth what is considered a "presence") that Amazon is simply saying fuck it and building warehouses if they have to charge taxes anyways, in the long run they'll probably save money.

I think it's the other way around, because Amazon is being forced to collect sales taxes due to a presence in the state (and Amazon and the States argue back and forth what is considered a "presence") that Amazon is simply saying fuck it and building warehouses if they have to charge taxes anyways, in the long run they'll probably save money.

Also, Jeff Bezos is the leader of the Lizard Man Illuminati and the warehouses make excellent staging bases for our future reptilian overlords. :eek:

Wait for $.50 a gig. When inventory has just been cleared it's the worst possible time to buy a commodity item like this.

Its pretty amazing, not too long ago $1 a gig was considered a great price.

Yup, thats when I bought my 830, got a 256gb for 220 and that was great back then. Before that 200 for a 120gb was a steal. I am waiting ulti 1TBs get around $350 before I start buying SSDs again. When that Happens I will probably buy 4 so I can raid them.

Define "not too long ago," since ~$0.50/GB has pretty much been the norm "hot" spot for 12x GB SSD drives for a good while. Now for larger capacity SSD drives, not so long ago.

Back