Samsung 830 (Magician Software?)

EzeroMobile50K

Limp Gawd
Alright so I just recently started using the Intel SSD Toolbox software for my 120g x25-m, and found it pretty simple and if the weekly trims help, that's great. I was wondering if there is an identical program I should consider using for the samsung 830, I know it came with a program titled Magician Software, which more or less from what I can dig up, does similar things. Does anyone have any experience with it? Is it good and worth using? Or is there something else floating around that would be better? The samsung 830 (256gb) is my main drive and OS.

Thanks~

I've used both and SSD Magician is roughly equivalent in features if not a little less polished than the Intel software. AFAIK there are no alternatives, this is written by Samsung themselves.

A quick comment and hopefully not a derail, but I recently setup Magician and let it optimize my OS and drive. Now, my power profile has changed and my computer hibernates (at least I think it's hibernation), whereas previously I had it disabled.

A minor complaint, as power profiles can be fixed, but I just thought it was kind of strange.

A quick comment and hopefully not a derail, but I recently setup Magician and let it optimize my OS and drive. Now, my power profile has changed and my computer hibernates (at least I think it's hibernation), whereas previously I had it disabled.

A minor complaint, as power profiles can be fixed, but I just thought it was kind of strange.

Its very nice. Like he said, it will optimize your OS and drive for you.

My minor complaint is disabling Defrag completely. I normally just set it to 'manually" so I can defrag my non-SSD HD.

Back