Samsung 6300 40" LED HDTV

vage

2[H]4U
Guys, I just got a great deal on this TV, and I love it for watching HD content. However, my wife was used to our old Philips HDTV, which would stretch and resize the picture of SD, to make it take up the entire screen size. I am trying to find a way to do this on this new TV, or else she is going to make me bring it back. So far I have had no luck, but wanted to see if anyone here has this same TV, and can shed any light.

Guys, I just got a great deal on this TV, and I love it for watching HD content. However, my wife was used to our old Philips HDTV, which would stretch and resize the picture of SD, to make it take up the entire screen size. I am trying to find a way to do this on this new TV, or else she is going to make me bring it back. So far I have had no luck, but wanted to see if anyone here has this same TV, and can shed any light.

Hi, vage,

We've got a 6400, but the options should be the same.

If you have a set top box, we have DirecTV, you should be able to select a screen sizing option there. If you are OTA try the "Picture Options" submenu in the "Picture Menu" and set it to 16:9, if it is not already selected. If it is and doesn't give the desired result try Zoom1 or Zoom2. "Wide Fit" is another option to ry.

Hope this helps.

Chuklr

Yeah we see that you can do it manually, but we channel hop a lot, so she wants one that does it automatically. I looked through everything, upgraded the firmware, and the option just isn't available. Unfortunately I have to bring it back and probably get an LCD instead.

Yeah we see that you can do it manually, but we channel hop a lot, so she wants one that does it automatically. I looked through everything, upgraded the firmware, and the option just isn't available. Unfortunately I have to bring it back and probably get an LCD instead.

Hi, vage,

Sorry to hear that you're going to have to return the 6300. It's a great set.

We force the SD channels through the DirecTV receiver so solve the "side bar" issue for Mom, who has Macular degeneration.

I did find it interesting to read in the User Manual the warning regarding the sidebar burn in in that can occur if you stay on a station for too long a time and the "screen saver" setting to preclude this. This was never mentioned with our LN52A750.

Chukr

EDIT: If you haven't already, check the avsforum.com Owner's thread to see if someone have a solution.

Back