Samsung 50" Micro LED in 2023?

MistaSparkul

2[H]4U
Yes self emmisive Micro LED, not Mini LED LCDs.

https://news.samsung.com/global/sam...riences?utm_source=mainkv&utm_medium=internal
https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/samsung-microled-tv-cx-76-inches-ces-2023/

1672858776583.png

We'll need more details like resolution, possible that 50" might not even be 4K.

EDIT: Well so much for that, the sizes smaller than 76 inches are nothing more than proof of concept and won't actually be real products this year according to DigitalTrends:

@ 4:00

Last edited:
$10K+ I'd guess. They're not saying how much the new ones will cost yet which always means 'lol way too much'.

$10K+ I'd guess. They're not saying how much the new ones will cost yet which always means 'lol way too much'.

Very true but I wasn't expecting any 50" sized MicroLED this early, figured we would see one towards the end of the decade. Good news is that the 50" should be much more affordable in a few years right? Sorta like how the first OLED's started out at $15k in 2013 then quickly fell in price and anyone could afford one by 2016.

Very true but I wasn't expecting any 50" sized MicroLED this early, figured we would see one towards the end of the decade. Good news is that the 50" should be much more affordable in a few years right? Sorta like how the first OLED's started out at $15k in 2013 then quickly fell in price and anyone could afford one by 2016.
Yes, I would like to see the pricing as it will give us an idea of what the trend to "affordable" is going to look like.

It's odd that they are trumpeting the 76" as "smallest and most affordable" with two smaller models in the lineup. I suspect that means there's something "wrong" with the sub-76" models, like maybe they're 1080P or are somehow priced even higher.

If they've actually managed to reach pixel pitch that allows 50" 4K that's a pretty big deal regardless of price, as that was a significant problem before.

Yes, I would like to see the pricing as it will give us an idea of what the trend to "affordable" is going to look like.

It's odd that they are trumpeting the 76" as "smallest and most affordable" with two smaller models in the lineup. I suspect that means there's something "wrong" with the sub-76" models, like maybe they're 1080P or are somehow priced even higher.

If they've actually managed to reach pixel pitch that allows 50" 4K that's a pretty big deal regardless of price, as that was a significant problem before.

Just updated my original post, but apparently the sizes smaller than 76" will NOT be actual products we can buy this year, they are just proof of concepts. Looks like the wait for smaller, more affordable MicroLED continues.

Just updated my original post, but apparently the sizes smaller than 76" will NOT be actual products we can buy this year, they are just proof of concepts. Looks like the wait for smaller, more affordable MicroLED continues.
Haha, well, if the 50" is 4K even as a proof of concept that still means they CAN do it, which is a step. I would guess they're not products because the yields are too poor or the prices would have to be 10s of thousands higher than the bigger models which would make them unmarketable.

Haha, well, if the 50" is 4K even as a proof of concept that still means they CAN do it, which is a step. I would guess they're not products because the yields are too poor or the prices would have to be 10s of thousands higher than the bigger models which would make them unmarketable.

Yeah it's still some good news nonetheless. Just sucks that this year anyone looking to upgrade anything below 55" is left in the dust. The LG G3 with MLA and Samsung's 2023 QD-OLED look great but both start at 55". Hopefully next year either LG will expand the G series lineup to include 48" or Samsung makes a ~50" QD-OLED TV.

The resolution of the 50" size is indeed lower. Just don't know the exact figure. So yeah proof of concept....but not proof of concept of a 4K 50" Micro LED unfortunately.

1673027236206.png

If this 50" Glossy 4K 144Hz Micro-LED is less than $3000 at its first day of availablity then it worths its asking price.

Micro-LED > QD-OLED > RGB-OLED > WRGB-OLED > FALD QD-IPS Mini-LED LCD > FALD QD-VA Mini-LED LCD. Display technology-wise, Micro-LED is as close as you can get to perfect visual quality.

If this 50" Glossy 4K 144Hz Micro-LED is less than $3000 at its first day of availablity then it worths its asking price.

Micro-LED > QD-OLED > RGB-OLED > WRGB-OLED > FALD QD-IPS Mini-LED LCD > FALD QD-VA Mini-LED LCD. Display technology-wise, Micro-LED is as close as you can get to perfect visual quality.
Did you even read the thread? it's not a product it's a prototype and it's not even 4K. And you can bet the first one that IS 4K and a product will be *far* more than $3000 lol.

Back