Samsung 32GB DDR4 UDIMM

extide

2[H]4U
Samsung M378A4G43MB1-CTD 2666 32GB modules

So, has anyone else gotten a set of these puppies and toyed around with them?

Buildzoid got them to 3600 and was overall pretty impressed with them.

Anandtech piece

AVADirect for $160 Now $142 !
SuperBizz for $165

I think I will probably go with a set of these for my Ryzen 3900X build here shortly. They look to be pretty impressive!

Last edited:
M-die hmm. I'm just happy that options like this still exist.
The less RGB/ridiculous heatsink, the better.

Somewhat surprised there's not more interest.

I would be very interested if these were ECC UDIMMs.

Maybe with the X570 platform launching next week we may get better / more options for ECC UDIMMs.

Theres are part numbers for unbuffered ECC modules, waiting for them to get in stock somewhere.

Might be M and A die options? not sure:

M391A4G43AB1
M391A4G43MB1

Not buying anything until Threadripper refresh details are announced too, since AMD might change things up a bit.

Reactions: mikeo
like this
Ordered a pair a few hours ago, we will see how they do on X570 with a 3900X...!
What motherboard you using? I have an Asus Crosshair VIII Hero and 3900x in bound. I'm tempted to order a pair of these but with a 15% restocking fee, I'm quite hesitant. Man a stable speed of 3200 would be great!

QVLs are nearly useless for enthusiasts. Generally speaking, only a smattering of available memory kits will be listed because motherboard vendors won't be taking the time to constantly test the next greatest marketing iteration from all of the different memory vendors.

It's not a bad place to start, because you can find stuff that is more or less the same thing with a different SKU to get an idea, and if you need guaranteed compatibility it's there for that, but the community tends to make a better 'organic QVL' than the vendors can do themselves.

Thanks for the replies. I might pull the trigger on them. I'd love to see some more reviews though. Here's hoping I get two sticks that will easily overclock to 3200... but the silicon lottery and all.

Speaking of QVLs, the 3900x is not listed on any Asus QVL (as of yet). As to your point - they're not all that helpful. Big ole thread on Reddit.

What motherboard you using? I have an Asus Crosshair VIII Hero and 3900x in bound. I'm tempted to order a pair of these but with a 15% restocking fee, I'm quite hesitant. Man a stable speed of 3200 would be great!

I am waiting on the Crosshair VIII Impact mDTX board, and I am also loading in a 3900X...

That looks like it is a 32GB kit, so two 16GB DIMMs...

32GB RAM kit for 250 bucks, I paid 300 bucks for my 64GB 'kit'...

Thanks for the replies. I might pull the trigger on them. I'd love to see some more reviews though. Here's hoping I get two sticks that will easily overclock to 3200... but the silicon lottery and all.

I would be happy with 3200/14, but would love 3600/16...

Last edited:
That looks like it is a 32GB kit, so two 16GB DIMMs...

32GB RAM kit for 250 bucks, I paid 300 bucks for my 64GB 'kit'...
It’s not. That is a generic stock image. Probably just a placeholder. Looks like 2x SO-DIMMs.

I agree the price is high even for ECC. 16GB modules are under $100.

Unless something changed in the last 10 years, it still does

https://blogs.oracle.com/vlad/zfs-likes-to-have-ecc-ram

Yeah bad memory will mess up a system, that will happen with ZFS or any other filesystem. ECC memory can fail too -- ECC protects you from random single bit flips, not an entire stick going bad. Running ZFS with non ECC RAM is no more dangerous than running any other filesystem with non ECC RAM (and in fact it is still far more safe to use ZFS than any other filesystem). There are people talking about the 'scrub of death' which is a myth -- it is essentially impossible for that scenario to occur.

Sure, it's still a good idea to use ECC, but ZFS absolutely does not require it.

Still waiting for TR3, by then hopefully the difference between the new M and A dies is known. A die (16Gbit) might be the "new B-die" (8Gbit) for overclocking, who knows. Either way will load up with a bunch of ECC for my TR3 build.

M-die (16Gbit) seems like it would be the more mainstream/cheaper one, but should still clock better than generic older stuff.

All bits listed because Samsung reuses generic die production names, letters have nothing in common with their older counterparts. Kinda wish they would just list the actual damn node and factory or whatever.

Also wish the fucking memory module OEMs wouldn't hide their shit behind their bullshit binning and glued on gamer bling, I want to know exactly what I'm buying not trust decoding your shitty part numbers. At least with stuff like 3200C14 it can only be one thing.

So when do we start getting the barrage of TR3 rumors now that Ryzen is out?

Curious - why the desire for ECC?

For me it's about eventual usage in a server role. Also if I would get a $750 CPU I may just as well spend a little extra to not worry at all about ram problems / corruptions.

With that said between home and work it has been quite some (more than 5 years) time since I have seen a single reported ECC correction.

Gah I know, I was literally going to buy this morning but since the price went up I'm holding off. :mad:

I think all the retailers are cashing in on Ryzen. The RAM I ended up buying today had gone up $20 overnight. I was almost ready to buy yesterday, but wanted to check just a couple other things. Oh well.

O

Ahh man! Things are so much more expensive here in Australia ($~400 AUD each)

Ah, the People's Commonwealth of... it doesn't matter, it's expensive in all of them ;).

I do feel for those that live in harder to serve markets, and I do wonder if ordering from Asia would be better?

Ah, the People's Commonwealth of... it doesn't matter, it's expensive in all of them ;).

I do feel for those that live in harder to serve markets, and I do wonder if ordering from Asia would be better?

I got 64 gig of Corsair 3200C16 for about $600 AUD (4x16) set it to XMP. So much easier than messing with timings.

Last edited:
Back