Samsung 28" 4k for $599 and free shipping!

I'd gladly trade the 4k capability for 1440p if it could give IPS and OC'ability.

I keep seeing threads for this monitor and I have to back out because the GPU requirements would be crazy for the games I play. I'm on 1440 and i'm already on the fence of going down in res.

Wouldn't you be better of getting a better card....i couldn't see myself going backward unless there was no way for me to afford it:eek:

The specs look like crap, it's basically what a cheap 4k will be when they become mainstream.

4K Surround is slowly becoming affordable.
Three of these below $500 later this year would go nice with my Haswell-E workstation build.

No VESA mounts though :eek:

As people might or might not know I bought one of these from S.Korea and it turned out to have terrible backlight bleed. I have since sold it and just purchased another one from Samsung. Other than the bleed problem it was a great display.

FYI: If you go through Upromise.com you save 5%.

I'm not sure I am comfortable giving Samsung money for anything LCD based.

My soldering iron is still warm from replacing capacitors in my expensive TV.

People always complain about color shift on TN panels, as if they sit way off to the side or too hi or low of their monitors.

i have not ever had color shift on a TN, because i place my monitor at the right height and angle, perhaps other should try the same and stop sitting on such angles that they see color shift, or stop trying to find it.

People always complain about color shift on TN panels, as if they sit way off to the side or too hi or low of their monitors.

i have not ever had color shift on a TN, because i place my monitor at the right height and angle, perhaps other should try the same and stop sitting on such angles that they see color shift, or stop trying to find it.

Didn't know I had to be stiff as a board to use my PC.

Color shift isn't just from angle, but also from center to the corners of the monitor, TN has color uniformity issues.
If you're not a designer that works with color and just play games and surf the net, you won't understand.

But even the most uninformed consumer can tell the difference in color saturation and shift.

you can sit in a way to minimize it, but it's still there. it's quite obvious.

YOU don't notice it. Good for you.

It went up to $699. WTF? Either way, you'd be better off getting an 1440p IPS panel or at least waiting for 4k IPS monitors to reach reasonable price.

How much do you need spend on video cards to get games to run at 120hz on this 28" 4k monitor? I know it's a 60hz monitor, but if your GPUs can only max out games at 60hz then you will be disappointed when it drops down to the 30s, so it's better to run the games at 120hz even if you can see the extra 60 frames.

How much do you need spend on video cards to get games to run at 120hz on this 28" 4k monitor? I know it's a 60hz monitor, but if your GPUs can only max out games at 60hz then you will be disappointed when it drops down to the 30s, so it's better to run the games at 120hz even if you can see the extra 60 frames.
You just have to stay above 60 fps, which isn't gonna happen on high settings. Then you have the tradeoff of more pixels or better pixels, I'll take better pixels. That's why g-sync is key for 4K.

Got the backorder notice.:( How does Samsung go out of stock on their own product?

Called customer service this morning and got update that they received another 60 or so monitors in and they are processing into warehouse. Should be sending shipment notices by the end of next week I was told.

Hopefully that's accurate. I'm ready for some 4k goodness :)

Every one of the 4k monitors I have seen seem to have considerable light bleed.

Every one of the 4k monitors I have seen seem to have considerable light bleed.

The one I had previously was unacceptable. Others have posted they have received displays without backlight bleed so hopefully mine was an anomaly. Samsung has a 30 day return policy so if there's a problem with the new one they should offer an exchange or refund without much of an issue.

I got mine two days ago (ordered from amazon at $599) and there is less light bleed than on my NEC PA271Ws at work. Color is meh at best, the stand is weak, but it's a 4k 60hz monitor for less than $650... The flaws aren't deal breakers, and unless you NEED a VESA mount it's the best option available at the moment.

Is it really easy on the eyes? I have triple R9 290x's so I might be able to run full detail on 4k.

Gaming is secondary. If I can do my work on this and have it not hurt my eyes would be awesome.

Planning on replacing my triple eyefinity setup. My monitors are quite old, 1680x1050 so it's a massive step up for me.

Is this a single panel? Not two panels smashed together like some cheap hacked-together 4k displays?

Just got this monitor from bestbuy actually here in Canada for $599, moving from my U2711 its a stepdown in color, but the fidelity in everything is amazing, razorsharp graphics. Color shift is slightly noticable but not a deal breaker for me. Backlight bleed is fine as well, pretty uniform panel.

Im only pushing it with one 290X @1200/6400, BF4 runs just fine with settings on high, I will grab another card for crossfire at somepoint. For now, its great and totally happy with the purchase. Its TN yes, but a damn good TN. 60Hz, UHD, Non-MST and a 1ms response time makes this thing a winner at $599

That being said im not a hardcore FPS guy who needs 144Hz with the equivalent frames to match. for the everyday occasional gamer, who is fine limited to 60Hz this thing has win written all over it.

Just got this monitor from bestbuy actually here in Canada for $599, moving from my U2711 its a stepdown in color, but the fidelity in everything is amazing, razorsharp graphics. Color shift is slightly noticable but not a deal breaker for me. Backlight bleed is fine as well, pretty uniform panel.

Im only pushing it with one 290X @1200/6400, BF4 runs just fine with settings on high, I will grab another card for crossfire at somepoint. For now, its great and totally happy with the purchase. Its TN yes, but a damn good TN. 60Hz, UHD, Non-MST and a 1ms response time makes this thing a winner at $599

That being said im not a hardcore FPS guy who needs 144Hz with the equivalent frames to match. for the everyday occasional gamer, who is fine limited to 60Hz this thing has win written all over it.

I currently own a U2711 also and thinking of making the jump to 4K, I was looking at either the Samsung or the upcoming Asus (most likely the Asus since it has a regular stand). How noticeable is the loss of color? I use my computer primary for gaming, but I also watch blu-ray movies, and view photos.

I don't have enough space to put two monitors plus the U2711 has been acting up and is out of warranty.

With the U2711 in it vibrant mode (or whatever it was called) when playing games its noticable. But for the everyday, the 590 is good, Colors are good, just not U2711 good...

As for the stand, im going to do something with the back of it and make up a nice aluminum bracket for the rear as its metal and i can screw into it. Thinking about it though, I might not even need it, it doesnt move once its on my desk. Already sold the U2711 and wont look back, UHD is awesome

With the U2711 in it vibrant mode (or whatever it was called) when playing games its noticable. But for the everyday, the 590 is good, Colors are good, just not U2711 good...

As for the stand, im going to do something with the back of it and make up a nice aluminum bracket for the rear as its metal and i can screw into it. Thinking about it though, I might not even need it, it doesnt move once its on my desk. Already sold the U2711 and wont look back, UHD is awesome

Thanks psyclist, I am going to wait for the Asus version, assuming it has everything the Samsung has, plus the Asus has the stand and the ability to move up and down and rotate is a plus for me.

At this point in time yes...but the panel is going to be used by a few other manufacturers soon, sammy was just first out the door.

It's a really good monitor but I really need my VESA mounting. Keeps the monitor off my desk. I deal with a ton of documents and files on my desk so I really need the desk space.

I'm going to wait until I can get this.

Just got done checking in on my backorder of the monitor which I ordered on like the 25th of April. They now have a gaurenteed in stock date of may 16th. So the good news is I'll finally get it on the 18th. Sucks that it will be that long of a wait though.

At this point in time yes...but the panel is going to be used by a few other manufacturers soon, sammy was just first out the door.

I really hope so, the first one that can either overclock or run a higher refresh rate of the box will be mine.

I like how the title states "free shipping". If you're paying $600 plus tax what's an extra $20 or even $40 in shipping and handling.

Back