Samsung 245t vs LG L246

M4573R

Gawd
Is the Samsung 245t something to wait for? Or is MPA worthless?
I have the L246 at the moment.

Well, the L246 is a pretty good monitor, except it has horrbile banding on greyscale gradients. I had that monitor and returned it. I read a review that the Samsung 245T has bad colors, but this is hard to believe since Samsung is known for excellent color especially in its professional line of monitors. I'm waiting for this monitor to come to American shores and read reviews about its performance as well as scaling features.

I replaced my LG twice, each time getting one with a newer manufacturing date.

Yoshi, I have to disagree about the LG. I'm not sure if you received a bad monitor or what...But I just got mine yesterday and it's beautiful in every aspect. Is it perfect? No...but it surely is the best $499 I've spent in a loooong time. As for the gray banding, I don't see any such thing on mine.

Most who have the LG are very happy with it and you can include me in that group. Great colors, great response times, etc...lead to an overall great monitor.

My roommate has the Samsung, and as far as I can tell, they are damn near identical. If I had to choose one, I would pick the LG just because of the better viewing angles and no back light bleed. It seems that every Samsung has a little, but my LG has 0.
The only reason I would get a different monitor would be if there was something with less ghosting and the same specs as the LG.

Back