Samsung 226BW panel question, settings

Chaballaman

[H]ard|Gawd
I bought 226BW few days ago, its manufactured August 2007. Doesn't have S or A written at the back.

So i tried the service function, but it still doesn't tell me the details on panel.
(Set contrast and brightness to 0, Press the « Menu » button, Press the « Source » button for 5 secs)

Service Function
Monitor On Time : 0Hr
Panel Ch. No. : 0
On Time : 0Hr
Cycle : 7

Auto Auto : On
PixelShift : Off

Scaler-MCU : Genesis

Version : M-ME22W0BLA-1002
Checksum : D03D

Anyone else have the same panel or know any details on this panel?
I'm happy with the quality so far, much easier on eyes than the ViewSonic VX2235wm i had few days ago.

Currently have brightness on 70 and contrast on 75, anyone know a good setting for this monitor?

I also have one with no description and set to game mode. its great but have one stuck green pixel

if you have one that has the panel manufacturer removed from the hidden service menu or your model has no service menu at all like my new 206BW you can take off the back of the display and peak at a sticker that has the info. I forget where I read how to do it but you pretty much just undo all the visible screws on the back including the 3 that hold the stand connector in (remove it), then pop off the back casing. the back casing can be stuck on pretty good but don't worry u won't break it unless you are a numbskull. then you gently lift up the bottom of the metal plate you see and peak under it to see the sticker with the manufacturer info on it. then simply snap the casing back together and you are good to go.

I've just taken delivery of a 226BW today.

Version: M-ME22W0BLA-1002
Checksum: D03D

The label indicates manufacture date August 2007 in Dongguan, China.

Out of the box it was very bright (default is 100% brightness with these panels), and slightly too blue.

I'm running a Mac with OS X via DVI to the panel and have loaded some calibration settings from http://www.andrewswihart.net/blog/review-samsung-226bw-lcd-c-panel . I also tried some settings from BeHardware (http://www.behardware.com/articles/667-1/samsung-226bw-a-and-s-series-the-verdict.html), but found that they made the display too red. Rather than tweak the colour settings manually, I've reverted to a C panel profile from the C panel review page, with a 75% brightness setting.

The colours, brightness, and contrast, all look great now. I've done some backlight tests using black images in the dark, and there's very little backlight bleed. A small amount at the bottom and a smaller amount at the top, but nothing that I would ever notice.

All the information I can gather indicates that this is an A panel, but I've not taken the rear cover off (and don't intend to).

I've just taken delivery of a 226BW today.

Version: M-ME22W0BLA-1002
Checksum: D03D

The label indicates manufacture date August 2007 in Dongguan, China.

Out of the box it was very bright (default is 100% brightness with these panels), and slightly too blue.

I'm running a Mac with OS X via DVI to the panel and have loaded some calibration settings from http://www.andrewswihart.net/blog/review-samsung-226bw-lcd-c-panel . I also tried some settings from BeHardware (http://www.behardware.com/articles/667-1/samsung-226bw-a-and-s-series-the-verdict.html), but found that they made the display too red. Rather than tweak the colour settings manually, I've reverted to a C panel profile from the C panel review page, with a 75% brightness setting.

The colours, brightness, and contrast, all look great now. I've done some backlight tests using black images in the dark, and there's very little backlight bleed. A small amount at the bottom and a smaller amount at the top, but nothing that I would ever notice.

All the information I can gather indicates that this is an A panel, but I've not taken the rear cover off (and don't intend to).

This helped out a lot, thx!

Back