Samsung 2015 Monitor Killer ---> LG GX / CX 2020 G-sync Monitor / TV - Thoughts?

dpoverlord

[H]ard|Gawd
I am getting pretty excited about the news that there is finally a monitor / TV that is going to take over from the Samsung JS 9000/9500 series.

Has anyone given thought to the fact that it seems to hit every check mark and if executed it could be the new ultimate AIO?

Picture1-720x404.png

Few forum sites with info / CES interviews:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-o...eneral/3114446-cx-versus-c9-cx-versus-gx.html
LG CX2020 Interview

Very curious about where the price point comes and when the Nvidia 3080 series comes out it may be a Hole in One.

Let's all take about .0005 seconds to be honest with each other. It's an absolute travesty that we as techies, gamers, lovers of technology have to spend $1,300 at times for a PC Monitor when a TV costs at times less and the only main difference is a few features. The technology has been out there for a long time and we end up being "forced" to spend more for no reason other than lack of competition. I am really excited by the fact that LG is entering and making a point even if it hurts some of there bottom line as the 48 / 55" is perfect size for a lot of people.

Thoughts?

Yes, there is a long thread right here about it.

The only concerns people have are text rendering with WOLED, managing the size and requiring a HDMI 2.1 GPU for 4K @ 120 Hz though the LG CX should be capable of 4K @ 120 Hz @ 4:2:0 over HDMI 2.0. The LG stand is very crappy for putting it close to a wall because it protrudes far from the back so a monitor arm, wall mount or alternative stand might be in order.

I have last year's 65" LG C9 in the living room and it is superb for gaming.

The one feature that is missing in the LG OLEDs is a picture by picture mode as that would be very useful for running several computers into it as the display size is certainly there. I love working like this on my current Samsung CRG9 but I suppose if you can fit one on the desk after the LG you could just have a secondary monitor.

I'm very much looking forward to the OLED CX models as well. I plan to get one to replace my OLED C6 that is currently in my living room. Even though I'm not planing on using it as a monitor for my PC I'm going to at least try it out to see how G-Sync is. I'm also looking forward to trying Freesync with the Xbox One X on it.

The one feature of the CX models that I haven't seen discussed too much is it's new 120Hz BFI mode to reduce motion blur. If it works well and doesn't reduce the brightness of the panel too much it could be a great feature.

The only concerns people have are text rendering with WOLED, managing the size and requiring a HDMI 2.1 GPU for 4K @ 120 Hz though the LG CX should be capable of 4K @ 120 Hz @ 4:2:0 over HDMI 2.0. The LG stand is very crappy for putting it close to a wall because it protrudes far from the back so a monitor arm, wall mount or alternative stand might be in order.

The one feature that is missing in the LG OLEDs is a picture by picture mode as that would be very useful for running several computers into it as the display size is certainly there. I love working like this on my current Samsung CRG9 but I suppose if you can fit one on the desk after the LG you could just have a secondary monitor.

Plus some people who are going to be running spreadsheets all day then complain when they get burn in lol.

Wait it can't do 4*4*4 chroma like 2015 Samsung?

Weight and desk arm mounting is a concern for me, the text rendering too. But otherwise the new LGs looks promising.

Back