Samsung 1TB F3 7200RPM $50 shipped

All I get is "The promotion code you entered is either expired or invalid."

thanks for trying but I don't think anything will beat the Samsung F4 2TB's for 60 shipped lol

What is up with all these great prices on hdd? I can't stand it(& neither can my bank account)!!!!!!!

sadly I missed the 2tb for $60 by a couple hours or I'd have a really happy server and really annoyed wife.

still a great deal on the f3 1T even at 54 shipped

For sure. This is my main system drive and I only bought mine for like $5 more. A smidge quicker but much quieter than my WD 1tb Black. Hmmm, maybe raid...

If you buy 2, you can use the code PILGRIM10 for $10 off $100, bringing the price back to $50 each.

I got 2 of these drives in Raid-0 and they match up pretty good to my intel 80 gig SSD. Ill post the hd-tune test later tonight.

Ok these are the results,

Intel SSD 80 Gig

2 Samsung F3 in Raid 0

Hope this helps some of you all in a way.

Are you using the raid with ahci controller cut on? Do you have any files on yours? Looks like it is blank and you do not have a os on it. This is mine as i haven't cut on ahci controller yet.

Last edited:
Are you using the raid with ahci controller cut on? Do you have any files on yours? Looks like it is blank and you do not have a os on it. This is mine as i haven't cut on ahci controller yet.

Its where I store all of my games. My OS drive is my Intel SSD. My Raid has all of the games and benchmark utilities on it. Have not mess with AHCI, only thing I did was when setup the Raid -0 I tried different stripess and at the end I believe 32kybts gave me the best results for my needs in gaming needs.

Last edited:
I see as i knew the lines was too straight for a os drive. Can you please run a crystalmark for me so i can compare your 32kbs to my 64kbs setting?

CrystalMark Download

Last edited:
I recently purchased two of these @$55 each from Micro Center on 11-07. Running them in RAID 1. They seem very quiet and fast.

Yes it helped out a good bit. And thanks for taking the time to post it for me.

One is fine but for a 100 bucks why not do raid with them. The total is 931.5gig on each drive though. So if you raid them you will get 1,863gig then. One is pretty fast though. If mine wasn't in raid i would do a single test. Though perhaps someone with a single will do a test for you.

WD has a couple years better warranty though. I just had my issues with them so i thought i would try the f3's.

I almost bought the WD 1TB black with 64 megs of mem, until I read they can have issues if you raid them. You have to make some change to the firmware and some newer models cant be changed so I said to the heck with that and I will try F3's also. Been happy with it, have all my games on it accept for Aion. I keep that one on my SSD.

Its where I store all of my games. My OS drive is my Intel SSD. My Raid has all of the games and benchmark utilities on it. Have not mess with AHCI, only thing I did was when setup the Raid -0 I tried different stripess and at the end I believe 32kybts gave me the best results for my needs in gaming needs.
What OS are you running? Vista or 7?

If your running one of those you will do yourself a favor and go in your bios and change the hard drive settings from sata/ide to ahci your drives will perform at their proper speed. You will notice a bit of response over their current setting.

If your running xp its a bit more tricky to get it to ahci since win xp doesn't read ahci off the bat and requires a regedit.

They do, but the 64MB 1TB isnt on sale :( Been waiting for that to go down a bit

Does your board support 6GB sata?

If not you will be waisting your time with a 64 drive as the 32 is for 3GB and 64 is for 6GB sata controllers. ;)

What OS are you running? Vista or 7?

If your running one of those you will do yourself a favor and go in your bios and change the hard drive settings from sata/ide to ahci your drives will perform at their proper speed. You will notice a bit of response over their current setting.

Running Windows 7 (64 bit), On the Asus Rampage III Formula, my options are IDE/ahci/Raid. When in Raid, the raid controller sees all of the 3 drivers, and I cant make changes to it into the Bios no more.

Running Windows 7 (64 bit), On the Asus Rampage III Formula, my options are IDE/ahci/Raid. When in Raid, the raid controller sees all of the 3 drivers, and I cant make changes to it into the Bios no more.
I don't know why but I completely overlooked the fact you were running the Sammys in RAID. LOL
the ahci I don't believe applies to you in that case. They wont be raid if your running ahci. Unless OS apps will configure the raid for you. Not sure on that as I never have ran anything in RAID.

Does your board support 6GB sata?

If not you will be waisting your time with a 64 drive as the 32 is for 3GB and 64 is for 6GB sata controllers. ;)

I know that, but I'm building a new rig when the new intel cpu comes out. :)

I don't like how they raised the price $2. It has probably ruined the deal for me, and not because $2 matters that much, but because it's the point of the matter.

Back