samsung 172x out?

GeneFid

n00b
looks like the 172x is hitting some distributors (cnet listings, can be ordered on amazon).

anyone get one yet?

I can't wait to see a proper review on them, the construction looks great, but I hope it can perform.

what i can't understand worth a damn is, why would they send out units to be reviewed with a 25ms panel if the final version is supposed to be a 12ms panel? that would be like sending out a car to be reviewed and going 'oh btw, the interior and engine are gonna be completely different, but review this one'

just doesn't make any sense to me.

Originally posted by havand
what i can't understand worth a damn is, why would they send out units to be reviewed with a 25ms panel if the final version is supposed to be a 12ms panel? that would be like sending out a car to be reviewed and going 'oh btw, the interior and engine are gonna be completely different, but review this one'

Where did you see the review? What is confusing about these is that they are migrating to a different panel without changing the name - from 25ms to 12ms.

i should be getting my 152x tomorrow soill be sure to post pics and a review....there is a definate lack of reviews for these lil things....

152X??? Does it exist? if so, where did you get it?

just got my 152x today and WOW is this lil thing sexeh, the ghosting isnoticable in a few places tho, but after about an hour my eyes are used to it, and it doesnt bother me any more. the colours are real nice and there are 0 dead pixels, and the bezel is actualy tiny...as in VERY tiny. a little less than the width of my little finger, wich is pretty skinny as little fingers go... if some 1 want to host some pictures for me, the world can see what i mean....

---stu---

tight dude, where did you get it? I can't find anybody online that carries it.

Originally posted by havand

I agree. Seems like they would be shooting themselves in the foot. It's even worse then a car. The screen is pretty much like the entire car on an LCD. The case is very little of the LCD. It would be more like the entire car being changed but the color of the paint.

Also, I'm really surprised by the reviewers who knew damn well that it wasn't the screen they would ship with yet decided to review it anyway. Then they say things like, "who, great colors and great side viewing, will be nice to see it in 12ms"...jeez, they aren't just changing the response time, but the WHOLE SCREEN! Everything might change for the worse.

Hopefully it will be better in all aspects instead.

if u live in uk then there is one place.... www.overclockers.co.uk

1 small problem its developed 1 dead pixel :( always red about an inch from the bezel bottom right :mad: oh well cant notice it rearly

edit..spelling :(

stuman,

My Samsung 152T had 1 dead pixel, its no big deal really. When do you think they will release the 152X in the US?

Later,
Eli

well i would hardly call it released in this country, there is only 1 stockist that i know of and stock islimited, i had to wait a week to get mine. so i say 2 months. however if you shoot them an email they might be able to arange shipping to US, MAYBE.

guna try some pics....

kk iupload aint working :( so ifd any 1 wants to host some pics for me, i would be very greatful....

Email the pics to rballantyne (at) rocketmail.com
I'll be glad to host them. Try to keep it under 1MB if at all possible :)

Pics of 152X:

newsetup.JPG

wallmount2.JPG

slimstylee2.JPG

Back