Salute to the HAF 922

_cp

n00b
I wanted to pay respect to my HAF 922. It’s served me well since 2010 when I bought it for $90.

It housed my first build with and i7-860 and an EVGA GTX 260. It has been my case ever since, housing a 3770k and 10700k, dual EVGA 470s, an EVGA 780, an EVGA 2070 Super, and most recently a 3080 TI. I bought a Seasonic PX-1300 recently and decided it was time for a new case before I swapped it in.

My Fractal Torrent arrived today, so my trusty 922 will soon be retired. It is a bittersweet moment for me. If you’ve had a similar experience with a case, please share.
BF2A105A-53BC-4E10-A052-79EC9AD9F1BE.jpeg
5DE00CA8-14F0-4162-8D71-0F5BE2F9CE88.jpeg

Last edited:
I just retired my HAF 932 today. Swapped it out for a Lian Li Lancool Mesh in white. Those ol Cooler Masters were decent cases for the day

I have a nearly new HAF 912 in a box that I got from a fellow [H]er here, and its a really nice case. Have my half finished Gigabyte X48-DQ6 build in it, hopefully I will have time to get it finished soonish.

I just retired my HAF 932 today. Swapped it out for a Lian Li Lancool Mesh in white. Those ol Cooler Masters were decent cases for the day
I was actually leaning towards a black Lancool III, but I found a white Fractal Torrent on eBay for $160. I felt like trading 2x 3.5 bays for better gpu temps was worth it for me at that price. I also wanted a white case, but didn’t like how the white front panel on the Lancool made everything more visible behind the mesh.

Here are some pics of the Torrent. Cable management was a huge chore. I ended up rerouting the front panel cables significantly to manage the slack at the top of the case. The SATA data and power cables are nearly taut on the right 3.5” drive. I’ll take more pics if anyone cares to see. Overall, I’m thrilled with how it came out.
That is beautiful, nice work! I've never gone with a white case before, but that is really striking, it's pretty tempting.

I'm considering a Torrent compact, but I read that the cable management is significantly more annoying than the full size. If it was already a pain at full size, I'm not looking forward to the compact!

Reactions: _cp
like this
Here are some pics. The best bet is to pull all of your slack towards the top of the case. It took me a few hours to swap cases. I’m not thrilled with anything I had to do SATA-wise, but it works. I grabbed a second 2-connector SATA cable from a spare PSU in order to not have a bigger one to manage. There is also a ton of extra wire on the fan connectors. I ended up wrapping it around the fan hub. I love the case overall, it makes moving on from the HAF a lot easier.

End result is very tidy, nice work. Thanks for the pics!

Reactions: _cp
like this
Back