Sale is over for the 2001fp's

??? Ive tried looking on the Dell site for the special that will account for the total of $850 that you posted, but alas...cant find.

The best I can get the 2001fp for on the Dell site is for $957 and that is with $99 off the $999 price and with free shipping (the rest is tax). Can you please point me in the direction where I can get this deal on the 2001fp for $850?! Id buy the darned thing in a minute for $850.

phas3d

Go Here (Home section)
http://www1.us.dell.com/content/default.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell considers monitors as software/peripherals, which at this link is 15% off
This page also mentions free shipping on software/peripherals
There is an "exlcude list", but the 2001FP is not on there.

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/top...mos/promocompare?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~tab=3
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tax for your area is based on where you live, it would apply to the $750 price as well as the $850 price, I didn't include it as we are all taxed differently. For me the tax is 14%
:eek:
Whether I buy it in the store, or from Dell.

I should mention this is an online deal, but since the monitor isn't listed on the cdn. site, I did it by phone, and Dell honored all the discounts.

Dell does have a discount on the 2001fp at the moment. However, it is only for $99 (10% discount). You do get free shipping but the total once all is said and done is still over $957 for me. Still too much and not really nearly as nice as the discount from just a couple of weeks ago.

I have someone whom will ship a factory sealed 2001fp to me for $850 (including shipping and insurance). Id rather buy from Dell, but oh well.

phas3d

Originally posted by phas3d
Dell does have a discount on the 2001fp at the moment. However, it is only for $99 (10% discount). You do get free shipping but the total once all is said and done is still over $957 for me. Still too much and not really nearly as nice as the discount from just a couple of weeks ago.

I have someone whom will ship a factory sealed 2001fp to me for $850 (including shipping and insurance). Id rather buy from Dell, but oh well.

phas3d

Not sure why you can't get the discount, that I linked at the top, it's from the Dell U.S. site (Home division) ?? here's a more direct link, let me know if you at least see the same thing, whether you're interested or not.

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/topics/promo.aspx/snp_allonsale?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

Here's a "copy/paste"
Discounts are as follows:

15% off LCD Monitors (excludes E151 Flat Panel, 1504 Flat Panel, E171 Flat Panel, 1703 Flat Panel, and Dell LCD TVs)

Get FREE 3-5 day Shipping on all Software & Peripheral orders! Orders must be placed through the Dell Home Systems Software and Peripherals site to qualify1.

Hmmm. This is the discount information I have once the 2001fp is added to my shopping cart:

"Dell Home and EPP Customers: Save 10% off Dell Branded Products! Special Offer - Expires: 1/5/2004"

Its the only option I have for discount and is automatic. It's the information that is found in the "My Cart" section of the ordering process.
This is found on their 15% discount pop-up that you linked me to:

"The applicable price reduction will automatically be calculated when you add the valid item to your shopping cart. Buy online TODAY! "

So, I dont know what the hades is going on. There is a missing 5% unaccounted for.

phas3d

Thanks for the feedback, I was in a similar thread at another forum, and couldn't figure out how the guy was coming up with a $99 discount.

If you are still interested and since you can see 15% off, call them on the phone and blast them. It's posted at their site, period. Even though it doesn't work at the auto checkout, it worked by phone for me on both the 1901FP and the 2001FP which isn't even listed for sale on the Cdn. site. And the U.S. site won't accept orders from me, nor will the cdn. site price match, even with exchange, to the U.S. site.

Geez, you are swift, FragMagnet. Im going to call and order the 2001fp. I also went ahead and got the Dell Preferred Account so that will add an additional %2 discount for a total of 17%.

Im going to call and see if I can get the 15%, free shipping and extra %2 by using my preferred account. Not bad in the end, but I would like it to be a wee bit cheaper....and I wish for their discounts to truly reflect on the actual order stage of purchase.

Thanks for your help ...maybe Dell will feel guilty and give us all another discount like that of early December for our apparent troubles with getting the full 15% discount. And maybe monkeys will fly out our...well, you know.

phas3d

by the way...how much better do you like the 2001fp over the 1901fp? If you run them side by side as primary and secondary monitor does it look strange to have two monitors of separate sizes next to each other. My issue is I cant afford two 2001fps but can afford 2 1901fps or 2 1800fps and really really want to fun two LCDs side by side with my 19inch CRT on the other end of my desk. Thanks.

The 2001FP is still not here until the 11th (supposedly ?) But I do have the confirmation letter that confirms the price total. Which they send within 5 mins of the phone call, with a 24 hour "opt-out" period.

On the 1901FP, I didn't get the 15% when I ordered online, and had them correct it a week later. It wasn't on the main site at the time, but was on a pop-up which I happened to be "blocking".

Hmmm, prefered customer = 2% ? I think I'd better give Dell a call, that's another $27 cdn. here !! Thanks !

EDIT: I guess us Canucks are net eligable to become "preffered customers" nothing is mentioned on Dell.ca

has anyone tried getting the 10% and the 15%? They both say they can be combined..

I never had the option for the 10%, as it wasn't mentioned on the cdn. site when I made the purchase, but then again, neither was the monitor :rolleyes: I'll call Dell tommorrow and see. Thanks SanGreal. That would put it back down to $750 U.S.

I just checked the Canadian Dell site, and both the 15% discount and the other 4 20"+ LCD's have been removed ?? The largest LCD available now is 19", and the only "offer" is free shipping. I guess I timed it right in my case.

Using my account info, it allowed me to log on to the U.S. site with my cdn. info. But I could only get so far in the ordering process, since we don't use Zip codes. The U.S. site also claimed that they'll only deliver to addresses in the "50 states" so that definately excludes me.

Originally posted by phas3d
by the way...how much better do you like the 2001fp over the 1901fp? If you run them side by side as primary and secondary monitor does it look strange to have two monitors of separate sizes next to each other.

I only have a 2000FP but the 1" size difference is not all, the 190xFP are all 12x10 monitors, so the resolution is different too :(

That really was why I went with the 2000FP rather then twin 1800s, 16x12 is sweet, 12x10 is *yawn*

Back