Saints Row IV Gameplay Video

can't wait for this game. SR3 was a great game and this looks like it picks up right where it left off.

Disappointed that it looks like the same engine. More like a SR 3 expansion than a new game. I'll still buy it though.

It looks like a bunch of stupid! Stupid FUN, that is!

That sounded better in my head.

Anyways, it looks to be a fairly major upgrade to Saint's Row the third, so I'm definitely interested.

Yay! $60 DLC!!!

Yeah...kinda how i feel about it. :(

Loved SR3, though I saw little to no reason to keep playing after you finish the main story line. I picked it up for $20 or so including the Season Pass, so that's probably what I'd be willing to pay for this one.

I'm OK with $60 DLC in this case. It's going to be a whole new story and new stuff, so it's not like we're just getting part of a game. I still fire up SR3 every once in awhile to see how many different ways I can create carnage. I spent an hour one day just blowing away zombies with the VTOL's laser. So much fun! Or maybe I'm just easily amused. :D

Disappointed here as well. Loved SR3, LOVED IT!!!

SR4 looks meh. The novelty weapons and looks will wear off quickly. I agree that SR4 looks like a DLC. Will buy it when it hits $5.

SR3 was insane. Bought it on a whim not knowing if I'd like it or not and had a blast. I'd definitely buy this at some point.

FYI on the former DLC front. They were working on both SR4 and Enter The Dominatrix at the same time, they rolled the latter into SR4 to slim down Volitions budget during the last few months of THQ's existence.

Pretty pumped to play SR4, Saints Row has managed to retain and build upon what GTA did away with. Open world games are meant to be stupid play grounds.

FYI on the former DLC front. They were working on both SR4 and Enter The Dominatrix at the same time, they rolled the latter into SR4 to slim down Volitions budget during the last few months of THQ's existence.

Pretty pumped to play SR4, Saints Row has managed to retain and build upon what GTA did away with. Open world games are meant to be stupid play grounds.

This x 1000000

The whole allure to GTA games prior to 4 was that it was just a huge open playground, with somewhat of a halfassed story thrown in. Your main goal was to go play around, the missions were a bonus. As good as 4 was in some peoples eyes it lost that allure of being a big playground and turned into a linear game. Morrowind also was a success because of this fact, big open playground with a story thrown in. Oblivion dumbed that down, Skyrim followed suit and dumbed it down even more. Open world games are meant to be big open worlds to go play around in. Hence why minecraft was a success, it didn't need a story because the playground they built was fun as is. Game companies making open world games need to focus on the playground(world) and how fun it is to the children(players) and not worry about the other children or guiding you on that playground.

I like it... super powers is just what I wanted.

That said, it does seem kind of underwhelming in a way. At the same time though, I still really wanna play it. But I'll buy it when price goes down. Just like I did with SR3.

This is look more stupid fun than ever. I need to get the steam deal when they bundle the whole set.

Back