Saints Row IV E3 In-Game Walkthrough

How did they get away with copy pasting the Prototype sprint and jump animations... it's all exactly the same lol.

Saint's Row 1. Kinda dull GTA clone.

Saint's Row 2. Amazing game. A little silly, just the right amount of satire. Seems like an over the top 90's cop/gang movie.

Saint's Row 3. Ok game, went overboard on the silly nonsense, removed indoor areas, forced you to do what were previously optional side missions, only had 1 enemy gang, it's like they decided to ramp the "OMG CRAZY" up to 11 and forgot why 2 was such a good game in the process.

4... why even call this a saint's row game? You don't even need the vehicles to get around(making them appear to be pointless, except I'm sure they'll include some space ship combat thing like they did in 3 for the DLC).

Of course 4 was originally supposed to be DLC for 3, and frankly... it shows.

I will buy this in a heartbeat, when it hits $5. The minigames (whatever stupid name they give them this time) are worth that much, and were the meat of 3. Was fun to do some of the stuff you can only pretend to do in GTA.

I think it looks pretty fun.

Also bullshit that 3 only had one rival gang.

It's bullshit that they made 3 with only 1 rival gang?

Or you're trying to call bullshit because you saw 3 groups of guys in different colored outfits and didn't bother to pay any attention to the storyline to notice that they were all the same gang, regardless of the fact that the logo was a dead give away, resulting in zero rivalry between the groups and little difference in gameplay since you could pretty much only deal with 1 gang at a time for the most part due to the territory not making a difference in conjunction with the rail roaded single path story line that only had a couple of choices throughout the game with minimal effect?

Also, the ending portion of 3 was crap. Space mission movie set? Really?

I was excited about the news of SR4 -- after seeing this trailer, I'll pass till its 5 dollars.

Seriously -- aliens? super powers? call me old fashioned but I was happy to run around beating up homeless people with a giant dildo bat that flopped all over the place.

Saints Row took the awesome idea of GTA and gave it that silly hilarious twist, this is just over the top non sense IMO.

I don't want to play a super hero/anti-hero with powers to fly and jump entire buildings. I just want to be a regular mob boss and run around stealing things and blowing shit up.

Seems the universal mark of any story that's run out of steam "Just stick in some aliens" and add some new powers.

Engine is starting to look rather dated as well.

Back