Saints Row 3 PC - Awesome!

Dammit, I got the extended download service that made it $28...why didn't I look to delete that? Money just wasted. Oh well.

That's odd. I was given the option of "Adding" the download service. It was never part of my original order. Although I have read elsewhere that the download service had to be manually removed.

Havent read every page, but for some reason my saints row is empty.
No NPC cars, I have to run 2-3 blocks to find a vehicle. No NPCs, just police and other gangs.

Brother-in law got it for me for secret Santa Christmas gift. Only played it for a hour or so but looks like over the top fun! I like that it has the co-op mode. The driving engine is not great though

Brother-in law got it for me for secret Santa Christmas gift. Only played it for a hour or so but looks like over the top fun! I like that it has the co-op mode. The driving engine is not great though

It drives "too loose" for sure. SR2 did as well.

Beat the game awhile back, something like 95% completion. Basically everything but a few annoying Hard difficulty Insurance Fraud missions. Good game, though really no replay value IMO once you've done everything once. Co-op is fun but in my experience the netcode SUCKS, and almost makes it unplayable.

Waiting to see what the Season Pass DLC brings to the table.

There is a mod that allows you to replay past missions...honestly that should have been a game feature rather than a user mod.

This game has been great, I about 90% completing the main mission. Graphics are better than I would have thought, but my rig is starting to struggle a bit now I didn't change any of settings from when I first started. Does the game get take more resources as the game goes on? Maybe it's my rig given up? ha!

Is there a way to pull the camera back a bit while on foot? The camera is way too close to my dude and I can't see all that well.

Just started playing this and I have to say that apart from DEHR this is one of the most polished ports I have played in a long time!

Volition went all out making sure that this ran superbly on PC, especially compared to SR2 which doesn't look half as good as SR3. I love the art direction as well, which looks damn fantastic when cranking up the res and filtering options.

Only annoyance is the console like FOV, but good to see there is a community fix for that.

If only more developers put in the effort to create a more polished experience for PC users, the idea of a console port wouldn't be nearly as offensive.

I did not play much of Genki Bowl but from what I did play it was practically identical to all the annoying S.E.R.C. missions you have to do in the main game. Really disappointing.

8800 doesn't support DX11

It kind of does. The great thing about Dx11 is that its backward compatible all the way to DX9 or 10. I think 9. If you set your graphics for Dx11 and your using a DX9 card, it will disable the features available as part of DX11, 10.1, 10 respectively and only turn on those availble for DX9. Since DX11's code is often more efficent/a better pathway, you can get better performance running under DX11 than DX9-10 using DX9/10 cards.

So for example, if you ran Metro 2033 or Saints Row 3 in DX11 with a DX9, tessolation and DoF would be automatically disabled by the game would still run. Probably pretty poorly because of how small the frame buffer is and clock speeds of dx9 cards, but, it would run.

I own the game, got it for my b-day so I didn't have to pay for it. Easily worth 40 bucks from a reliable place? It's 50 on Steam, but 40 on GMG.

I have to ask because I'm thinking of buying my friend a copy so we can play some co-op.

Can someone tell me if these sites are reliable:

http://www.greenmangaming.com/games/action/saints-row-the-third/
http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Sai...-Key-English-Download-Fast-on-STEAM-/45556164
http://digitalgamesales.com/index.php/saints-row-the-third-steam.html

The last one is the cheapest but I KNOW NOTHING about that site.

I'm pretty sure Green Man Gaming is just fine. The other two, not sure.
You can get it cheaper from cdkeyshere

Beat the game awhile back, something like 95% completion. Basically everything but a few annoying Hard difficulty Insurance Fraud missions. Good game, though really no replay value IMO once you've done everything once. Co-op is fun but in my experience the netcode SUCKS, and almost makes it unplayable.

A quick tip on the insurance fraud missions. Don't feel that you have to stay inside those bonus areas. Best trick, find a freeway entrance or exit, preferably an exit and run up the ramp towards the cars and keep flying towards the cars coming at you, then when they stop fly the reverse direction. You can ring up an 800k jump by doing that.

As far as replay value, it all comes down to what you are willing to try out. With it being so open, they are tons of things to find and try out, mostly with a co-op though.

saw this in my local target selling for $20. PC version

^^I buy most of my games from those CD sites, the one you listed there is highly recommended, you get the key instantly after you pay, been using them for a while and had no issues. Some games require you to use a VPN to activate but thats no biggie.

But it's safe to just get that at that price ($22)? This is for a friend so we can play co-op together and he has no money, so yeah.

Saints Row The Third does not require a VPN to activate, just buy it, activate it and play. The game works fine and has no issues.

Saints Row The Third does not require a VPN to activate, just buy it, activate it and play. The game works fine and has no issues.

I had to use a VPN to activate it as it was not available in my Region. So, I would be careful to state something like that as a fact....

I had to use a VPN to activate it as it was not available in my Region. So, I would be careful to state something like that as a fact....

It is supposed to be region free. I know mine was.. I think it was from RU?

My Modern Warefare 3 key did need a VPN though.

I purchased SRIII from THQ last night which included the Season Pass and the Professor Genki pre-order content. Would anybody be able to tell me how do you know you have the extra content and activate it?

Should show up under Downloadable Content in Steam. And as for playing it, it will be a mission you can select in your cell phone/PDA thing.

Under Downloadable Content in the game properties is mentioned 'You currently have no downloadable content for this game'.

When THQ direct you to the activation codes in your THQ account, are there supposed to be extra codes for the DLC? I only got one code. I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to be expecting and doing here -- their site is a bit of a mess.

I hadn't played this game for a while since the time period it came out but fired it up today to get into some of the DLC content.

I find that I still think very highly of it and can still enthusiastically recommend it to everyone. :)

Under Downloadable Content in the game properties is mentioned 'You currently have no downloadable content for this game'.

When THQ direct you to the activation codes in your THQ account, are there supposed to be extra codes for the DLC? I only got one code. I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to be expecting and doing here -- their site is a bit of a mess.

Can't really help you beyond that, since I got the Season Pass, so all the DLC has been automatically added for me. It does show up in Steam under DLC, though.

Honestly I would contact THQ and/or Steam and see what they say.

Also: Does it say "Season Pass" anywhere? I feel like when I activated the key on Steam it said that.

Thanks for the help Maverick.

Since it was my understanding some of you here bought the THQ offer including the Season Pass and Genki bonus, I want like to make sure I am not missing something before contacting THQ (the help section of their website is such a mess I would like to avoid having to deal with their customer service if possible).

There is no indication anywhere of a 'Season Pass'. All I can say is I bought the game from THQ, got the link via email to a page a couple of hours later with only one activation code for SRIII.

There is no indication anywhere of a 'Season Pass'. All I can say is I bought the game from THQ, got the link via email to a page a couple of hours later with only one activation code for SRIII.
When I ordered from THQ directly I received an email from [email protected] with the subject of THQ - Order Confirmation (Order #REMOVED). Check your spam folder for it maybe? The email had the following items listed:

Product SKU: PC Download
Product Name: Saints Row The Third
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: £14.99
Digital Rights: REMOVED

Product SKU: 0
Product Name: Saints Row The Third Professor Genki Preorder Pack
Amount: £0.00

Product Name: Saints Row The Third Season Pass

Product SKU: DR_EDS_PRODUCT
Product Name: Extended Download Service
Amount: £3.18
Shipment Tracking Numbers

All three codes were entered into Steam but it doesn't actually show the DLC or the Season Pass as separate items. I did receive the Saints from Space and the Clones DLC since then though without that I had to do anything.

I just checked my account and under your Licenses and Subscriptions in Steam you should see "Saints Row: The Third - Season Pass Retail". I think the "Season Pass" is counted as a DLC. So what it sounds like is, your key didn't give you the Season Pass. I'd probably contact THQ since they distributed the key, right?

When I ordered from THQ directly I received an email from [email protected] with the subject of THQ - Order Confirmation (Order #REMOVED). Check your spam folder for it maybe? The email had the following items listed:

Product SKU: PC Download
Product Name: Saints Row The Third
Amount: £14.99

Product Name: Saints Row The Third Professor Genki Preorder Pack

Product Name: Saints Row The Third Season Pass

Product SKU: DR_EDS_PRODUCT
Product Name: Extended Download Service
Amount: £3.18
Shipment Tracking Numbers

All three codes were entered into Steam but it doesn't actually show the DLC or the Season Pass as separate items. I did receive the Saints from Space and the Clones DLC since then though without that I had to do anything.

I received nothing of the sort :(

I just checked my account and under your Licenses and Subscriptions in Steam you should see "Saints Row: The Third - Season Pass Retail". I think the "Season Pass" is counted as a DLC. So what it sounds like is, your key didn't give you the Season Pass. I'd probably contact THQ since they distributed the key, right?

I will be sending them a mail. They have sold the game to me promoting extra content but I have received nothing but an activation code for SRIII. From what you guys are telling me, something is wrong.

EDIT: Oh well this is getting better -- I got a failed delivery message because the European email address they give on their website is a domain that does not exist. Yay!

I just picked this up in the Amazon sale. So far it's been an entertaining game. My only gripe so far is the camera distance when driving. I'd like to be able to zoom out a bit. Settings doesn't have anything. I noticed above you can mod to zoom out. I'll try it when I get home.

Back