Safest Quality LCD Monitor

AoL_Is_My_EnEmY

[H]ard|Gawd
So I've been looking through all the threads dealing with these different "crappy" LCD panels, and I notice they plague a lot of displays. I've been looking to buy a 22in LCD, but after reading this I don't know. What's the best affordable LCD to go with that has the highest quality. Right now I'm thinking about the Samsung SyncMaster 226BW. Let me know if you guys think anything is a better choice. Thanks in advance!

I have the Samsung 226BW. I love the monitor. It's probably not the *best* monitor out there, but it's phenomenal for gaming. Stock settings are a bit bright though. You're going to have to do some adjusting.

Keep in mind, the 226BW doesn't do true color. It's dithered. The sheer crispness and cleanliness of the picture more than makes up for it over my old CRT, but there are some times where I can notice the banding (like some of the sky boxes in Everquest, Eve backgrounds, etc).

So I've been looking through all the threads dealing with these different "crappy" LCD panels, and I notice they plague a lot of displays. I've been looking to buy a 22in LCD, but after reading this I don't know. What's the best affordable LCD to go with that has the highest quality. Right now I'm thinking about the Samsung SyncMaster 226BW. Let me know if you guys think anything is a better choice. Thanks in advance!

I've got the 226BW, it's a great choice, regardless of what panel you get. ^_^ Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Im overjoyed with my Sceptre X20WC. Bright, colorful, fast and no bad pixels at all.

Back