Safe Voltages for 2500K?

tsuehpsyde

Supreme [H]ardness
So I've been out of the loop for quite a while. I've been looking around at my current options for LGA 1155, and it appears I could go 2600K or 3770K for an upgrade, though the latter costs $150-200 or so. Best I can tell, the 2500K is worth like $75 now if I can find a buyer for it. Any thoughts on that, I'm all ears. =)

So my current plan is to add some vcore to this CPU, which has always run @ stock vcore @ 4.2GHz 100% stable (prime95 for days; 4.3GHz would error after 4-8 hours or something). Does anyone know/remember (lol) what are considered safe temps or voltages? I did a few searches but sadly didn't come up with anything definitive, but I didn't check too much. I figure it's probably in it's last legs, so if I can get it up to 4.6GHz or something, I might as well.

For what it's worth, it's got a Thermalright HR-02 Macho on there, so cooling should be solid.

Thanks!

You are looking at a max V of @1.5-1.55v and under max load it's best to keep temps @ or less than 80c, the cpu will throttle @90c. With these CPUs your max temp under load will determine how high you can push the voltage. Some CPUs are blessed with a high OC at lower voltages.

I'm still rolling with my 2600k but don't really bother with OCing much anymore. I just need a daily driver and the GPU does most of the work in games.

Upgrading will not result in noticeable performance increases. Shoot for 4.5 at 1.5 and carry on until you can afford a completely new chipset.

Back