safe to raise vcore voltage on xp 2500?

Bad Seed

Limp Gawd
Ive got a barton 2500, and its not that stable at 200fsb with current vcore at 1.65. Is there any potential danger in raising this to 1.7 or more? I've got a decent PSU (Antec 380).

Will this help me get more stability?

As long as you have a decent HSF, raise it up. I had mine at 1.875v w/ no problems.

1.7v or abouts isn't much really.

I'm running mine at 1.85vcore , you're pretty fine raising it higher. I hear that AMD's do pretty well until 2v , then that's when damage is supposed to occur. Though I don't know how true that is , but anyways , 1.7vcore is perfectly fine.

My 2500 is running a solid 200x11 (3200) on 1.75v and still runs at nice low temps.

sheesh.. you people and these low vcores.. i'm at 1.95v now.. and when i get around to vdimm moding my memory i'm sure i'll push it even higher

Originally posted by -=iNsAnE=-
sheesh.. you people and these low vcores.. i'm at 1.95v now.. and when i get around to vdimm moding my memory i'm sure i'll push it even higher
u have water cooling or something??

Originally posted by -=iNsAnE=-

Is that including the fact that the NF7 Undervolts? I'm running at 1.9v's but it's really 1.85

Yeah my nf7-s is reading 1.73 but set at 1.775 I think.

anything under 1.8 *SHOULD* be perfectly safe as long as you have any kind of decent airflow in your case.

my mobile barton 2400 is running 1.975v 245*11 (2.7), I ran my 2100+ for about a yea on 2.1v, i dont see what the big deal is....jsut because there mobile abd are rated to run crazy low votlages dosnt eman they can handel the same as the rest of there kind...

Its still a Barton....

Originally posted by KINgGh0sT
Is that including the fact that the NF7 Undervolts? I'm running at 1.9v's but it's really 1.85

yeppers.. i'm set at 2.0v in the bios

Originally posted by ST|FFY
u have water cooling or something??

yep

Originally posted by I(illa Bee
my mobile barton 2400 is running 1.975v 245*11 (2.7), I ran my 2100+ for about a yea on 2.1v, i dont see what the big deal is....jsut because there mobile abd are rated to run crazy low votlages dosnt eman they can handel the same as the rest of there kind...

Its still a Barton....

agreed.. i wish i had a mobile

the vcore fluctuates as needed.... its not going to pull full voltage while idling

Originally posted by bobmanfoo
the vcore fluctuates as needed.... its not going to pull full voltage while idling

are you refering to how the nf7-s undervolts?

if so.. its common knowledge that the nf7-s undervolts.. yes it does fluctuate.. but its still around .5v too low.. such as mine.. its set for 2.0v but it fluctuates between around 1.93 and 1.98

if thats not what ya mean.. dont mind me :p

Your worried about increasing the voltage, and your at what????? stock 1.65 volts?!!?!?!?!? God, give this man a lobotamy now! :p
I'm stable at 1.8V 204X11.5... i wouldn't go much above 1.9v tho... most people would say above 2v and your really decreasing the length your cpu will live, I prefer 1.9 to be on the safe side.

Your power supply may give you more stability, if it's not a SH$%$ one.. which it's not... so I would go ahead... keep upping your fsb and mult till you reach 1.9v... then back it off till you can play games and have about 5 - 10 processes running in the background (other apps) without your computer crashing. Those benchmarks only go so far to stress your system, a true test is playing some games while having some background programs also using it to a much lesser degree.

For instance... once i pass 204X11.5... and i'm playing cs or cz... my computer will crash and reboot (thats with apc monitor, seti@home, msn, icq, ati remote wonder, apache (web server), game drive all norton antivirus running in the background, plus a few more not in the system tray)

Originally posted by Dumass_Freakboy
Your power supply may give you more stability, if it's not a SH$%$ one.. which it's not... so I would go ahead... keep upping your fsb and mult till you reach 1.9v... then back it off till you can play games and have about 5 - 10 processes running in the background (other apps) without your computer crashing. Those benchmarks only go so far to stress your system, a true test is playing some games while having some background programs also using it to a much lesser degree.

For instance... once i pass 204X11.5... and i'm playing cs or cz... my computer will crash and reboot (thats with apc monitor, seti@home, msn, icq, ati remote wonder, apache (web server), game drive all norton antivirus running in the background, plus a few more not in the system tray)

prime95 is your friend

Back