Safe to delete these?

Huan

[H]ard|Gawd
I've noticed under my C:\ directory, along with the standard folders theres some thats been created with names such as NV415412.tmp, another NV928932.tmp, and NV936960.tmp, and last, NV13041448.tmp... Each carry only one file in them as well... the last carries what is titled an uninstallation utility... Any clue if I can safely delete these without recieving hell from some software requiring these? These folders are an kinda annoying to have around when I go through my files, I have to keep over looking em...

The TMP extension first off tells me its a temporary folder.. But I'm likely to be wrong on this.

Thoughts??

googled, found nothing on any of em... Guess i'll delete and see what happens... I think its left overs from my Nforce 3 chipset driver installation... Guess i'll find out in a couple minutes! :D

Well, they are labeled as temp files... I would assume they are safe, however as far as assumptions go...

I deleted them and restarted and so far seem pretty gtg... Hope it stays that way :)

When I find something on my drive like this I always delete, I like to live dangerous ;) .

they're probably temporary folders where the nvidia driver installation utility expands all the .dlls before installing them... they're usually safe to delete

just as long as they are not *.dll's you are good to go... if you delete one single *.dll you will learn why i say this.

for the rest of you, who know what i am talking about: thank the lord i did not learn this firsthand... a friend told me.

Back