Safe buying

Limp Gawd
What are some good ways to make sure you don't get screwed on a buy. Say I am buying a product from a guy on this forum. What are some ways I can pay him and be able to do something about it if he doesn't send the product? or if he sends me an empty box or something. Thanks in advance.

ABIT NF7-S 2.0 :: Athlon XP 2400+M @ 11x200/1.57 Vcore :: 1GB PC-3200 XMS (2.5,3,3,5) :: ATI Radeon 9800 Pro :: Antec True480Blue :: 36GB Raptor :: 250GB WD SE :: LiteOn LDW-851S (8x+R 4x-R) :: LiteOn LTR-48125W (OC'd From Pacific Digital CDR5W48) :: Bluetooth IntelliMouse :: 17" Gateway EV700 :: Thermalright SLK-947U :: 92mm Panaflo :: XP Pro SP1 :: Antec PlusView1000AMG :: Lights and fans and stuff

Yikes.... I have almost the exact same setup as that (or will). I have that mobo on its way. I currently have that processor, I have the same ram but in 512 form, 9600xt instead of 9800 pro, same psu, same lighton's, same ev700 monitor, xp pro sp1 :D *shimmers*

aye my liteon was upgraded from a generic i got at office max. the moniter was stolen from my old gateway, it was the only quality part in the thing. that and the 12x nec dvd drive

redhate said:
What are some good ways to make sure you don't get screwed on a buy. Say I am buying a product from a guy on this forum. What are some ways I can pay him and be able to do something about it if he doesn't send the product? or if he sends me an empty box or something. Thanks in advance.

Have him send the stuff C.O.D. via USPS. At least, if he sends an empty box he can be nailed for mail fraud or something like that. Otherwise, only buy cheap items from newbies with no heat.

Back