Sad day in my LIFE today....

newls1

Supreme [H]ardness
I finally decided today that I HAD ENOUGH OF THE OC'ing BS. I've been through PHASE COOLERS, water cooling, bad ass air cooling, and today i had my LAST BSOD! I been through 4 motherboards in 1 year, and the reason I bought all these boards all started out to replace my ASUS A8N-SLi DLX, but guess what, I am using this board now cause I never realized HOW DAMN STABLE IT IS... My MSI, DFI, ABIT can't touch the stability of my ASUS :D . Anyway, I am running a SMALL OC with my FX57 @ 3.0GHz, but that should be a givin.... I thought I would just shout this out to ya'll ;) Take care.....

I decided the exact same thing with the exact same board about 2 weeks ago...until it began pissing me off that the ASUS couldnt push my opteron 146, then I wanted 4v on the memory, and before I know it I got the same phase change/3.8v bh5 3.6ghz opteron shit going on again :(

maybe the asus is more stable b/c it can't reach the OC the other boards can ? lol

Maybe its time to join the underclocking group of people who crave extra stability :p

Isn't it fun? I've given up on gaming pretty much with my computer, that used to overclock awesome, but is now plagued with BSOD's in intensive gaming.

some people have bad luck some people have good luck, i've killed a machine oc'ing that cost me about $1500 before and since then i've oc'd alot safer....no bsod's and i mostly just go as high as i can, hardly do any tests... and if i do its 30 minutes tops of stability testing.... o_O

newls1 said:
I finally decided today that I HAD ENOUGH OF THE OC'ing BS. I've been through PHASE COOLERS, water cooling, bad ass air cooling, and today i had my LAST BSOD! I been through 4 motherboards in 1 year, and the reason I bought all these boards all started out to replace my ASUS A8N-SLi DLX, but guess what, I am using this board now cause I never realized HOW DAMN STABLE IT IS... My MSI, DFI, ABIT can't touch the stability of my ASUS :D . Anyway, I am running a SMALL OC with my FX57 @ 3.0GHz, but that should be a givin.... I thought I would just shout this out to ya'll ;) Take care.....
1st step is admiting you have a problem. Very good. (although I have been through the Counterstrike 12 step program - I have yet to complete the computer hardware 12 step program). I believe steps 2 through 12 involve going outside to play, watching more TV, selling off computer #2 that you really don't need anyways, and possibly reading more books. Good luck man.

N H O said:
well see.....well see if he returns to this section of the forums :p

I think I feel better today. I woke up, took the dogs out, made some coffee, sat down at the desk, and started to try different multi's on my FX57 CPU, and so far 11x seems promising to get a 300FSB OC out of this :p

PM me to spite your hardware I'll take care of the little bastards

you ever think your bsod was from your memory or software? windows is full of those errors man.

A.D.FIFTY said:
you ever think your bsod was from your memory or software? windows is full of those errors man.
GUY'S!! Its not just getting BSOD's. It's just when I think that my FX57 on phase was stable @ 3.54GHz, ran 32MB PI run got no errors. Play UT2004 for hours with no problems. I just installed Q4, GOT lockup every 10 seconds. Its also the MONEY thing. It just costs SO DAMN much to OC a PC processor (major OCing that is) Im just fed up with the whole idea now. Yes, I'll OC on air just a tad, who wouldn't?, but I guess my whole point to this thread was to say my PHASE COOLING, Water Cooling, and extreme (loud) air cooling days are pretty much in my past.

newls1 said:
Very simple:

You're not properly stress testing your OC.

That's it. I know it's hard to have to gradually back down from what seems like a great overclock whenyou hit probs, but that's just how it is. When you overclock, one error (just one) is one too many.

newls1 said:
GUY'S!! Its not just getting BSOD's. It's just when I think that my FX57 on phase was stable @ 3.54GHz, ran 32MB PI run got no errors. Play UT2004 for hours with no problems. I just installed Q4, GOT lockup every 10 seconds. Its also the MONEY thing. It just costs SO DAMN much to OC a PC processor (major OCing that is) Im just fed up with the whole idea now. Yes, I'll OC on air just a tad, who wouldn't?, but I guess my whole point to this thread was to say my PHASE COOLING, Water Cooling, and extreme (loud) air cooling days are pretty much in my past.

Uh... most FX-57's only reach 3.4ghz stable on phase. Prime for 24hrs, after you do that and it passes, I guarantee you will not have any problems with stability.

newls1 said:
Its also the MONEY thing. It just costs SO DAMN much to OC a PC processor (major OCing that is)
no it doesn't. my opteron 146 that cost me $220 hits 2.9ghz with 1.425v prime stable with cheap water. my entire computer costs ~500 ;)

spine said:
Very simple:

That's it. I know it's hard to have to gradually back down from what seems like a great overclock whenyou hit probs, but that's just how it is. When you overclock, one error (just one) is one too many.

/agree

spine said:
Very simple:

TRUE, very true, When socket M2 hits the streets, and the new FX's are out with DDR2 mem controllers, then I "study" my OC, but until then, I'll settle with what I've got...

(cf)Eclipse said:
no it doesn't. my opteron 146 that cost me $220 hits 2.9ghz with 1.425v prime stable with cheap water. my entire computer costs ~500 ;)

But Dude - you're Eclipse :p

Back