Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen4 PCIe M.2 is only $149.99 right now on Amazon

$149.99 seems pretty [H]ot for the PCIe 4.0 non-QLC Rocket. IIRC this will be the DRAM+TLC version.
This one is pretty damn fast

**yes - this should be the DRAM+TLC version. Phison E16 controller 5000/4400 R/W MB/s. Still priced at 149.99 for the next 2 hours! IMO nice find!

$149.99 seems pretty [H]ot for the PCIe 4.0 non-QLC Rocket. IIRC this will be the DRAM+TLC version.
This one is pretty damn fast

**yes - this should be the DRAM+TLC version. Phison E16 controller 5000/4400 R/W MB/s. Still priced at 149.99 for the next 2 hours! IMO nice find!
Ya, I picked this up just two weeks ago for $199. Luckily I hadn't opened it yet so I used Amazon's no hassle free return option and then just reordered it for $149. (Could have tried customer support and tried to get them to cough up $50, but I live less then a mile from a Khol's where they have free Amazon returns - don't even have to box it up. Going there tomorrow anyway to do some shopping.)

*** PSA: Just under 2 hours left on this Amazon deal!

nice price but I'm still waiting for the Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus PCIe 4.0 drive which uses the new Phison E18 controller
I am as well, but with Amazon free returns out till Jan 31st, I snagged this just in case the Plus comes in at a much higher price ($350+ for example)
And to be honest, this sucker is fast... not like the Plus’s 7000 MB/sec read will really feel all that much faster... Windows may boot in 3.5 seconds vs 4. :D

That Plus is ridiculously fast! Like Spaceballs 'Ludicrous Speed' fast... but I'm curious what the MSRP will be given the non plus is around $200 normally

I am as well, but with Amazon free returns out till Jan 31st, I snagged this just in case the Plus comes in at a much higher price ($350+ for example)
And to be honest, this sucker is fast... not like the Plus’s 7000 MB/sec read will really feel all that much faster... Windows may boot in 3.5 seconds vs 4. :D

the WD SN850 also sounds like a winner

the WD SN850 also sounds like a winner
Yup, lots of great choices out there now. These newer Gen4 PCIe M.2 drives really up the performance bar dramatically compared to top rated SSDs from just a few years ago. I just wish they were available as affordable 12 Tb size capacity options so that I could dump all my spinners. :D For now at least, these are no-brainers for those building new systems.

Is a nvme 4.0 gen4 drive worth it compared to something like Samsung 970 plus 2tb for $250?
Would I even benefit from it or feel a difference unless I'm moving huge files?

Is a nvme 4.0 gen4 drive worth it compared to something like Samsung 970 plus 2tb for $250?
The Sarbent PCIE4 NVMe can save 1 - 2 seconds of load time in some games. Samsung's 980 Pro PCIE4 NVMe is quite a bit faster than Sarbent's in benchmarks, but I don't know about game loading times.

The Sarbent PCIE4 NVMe and the Corsair MP600 use the same controller and perform pretty much identically.

Sarbent and Samsung 980 Pro PCIE4 NVMe drives compared in benchmarks:

The Sarbent and Corsair PCIE4 NVMe compared in benchmarks (they use the same controller and are basically identical in performance):

Last edited:

Anand and others show the 1/2Tb 970Evo Plus to have lower latency speeds then newer fancy consumer drives ,and its 3500+ read/ 3350~ write seq is already damn fast. I have a 1Tb 970Evo+ and its 3540/3350 Seq + 72 read and 208 write on random files is damn fast, so.....unless I bench it,its just as fast as my brothers 980Pro.

nice price but I'm still waiting for the Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus PCIe 4.0 drive which uses the new Phison E18 controller

Your wait is over. The Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus has dropped on Amazon. Looks to be one of the the fastest M.2 SSDs out there right now. Capable of 7.1GB/sec (7100MB/sec) reads and up to 6.6GB/sec (6600MB/sec) writes with a PCIe 4.0 motherboard. I went ahead and ordered one.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Your wait is over. The Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus has dropped on Amazon. Looks to be one of the the fastest M.2 SSDs out there right now. Capable of 7.1GB/sec (7100MB/sec) reads and up to 6.6GB/sec (6600MB/sec) writes with a PCIe 4.0 motherboard. I went ahead and ordered one.

I was tempted to pick one up yesterday but I'm still debating it...since I'm primarily a gamer do any of the new PCIe 4.0 NVMe drives make sense for me or is it better to get something like the PCIe 3.0 Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe?...or is something like the Samsung 860 EVO SATA3 SSD an even better choice being as game loading times are pretty much the same on a fast SSD vs an NVMe...I'm guessing the logical answer is to get a higher capacity (2TB) 860 EVO (currently on sale for $200)

the benchmark numbers will of course heavily favor the 4.0 NVMe drives but in real world usage I'm thinking it won't really make any difference (unless you're transferring around a lot of files or do video editing)

Dang I was looking for a 2TB NVME PCI4 to upgrade from my 1TB one but this super fast 1TB you linked really got me thinking now.

Dang I was looking for a 2TB NVME PCI4 to upgrade from my 1TB one but this super fast 1TB you linked really got me thinking now.
Well, it s also available in a 2TB flavor. Pricey compared to some other 2TB offerings, but when you want/need ludricrous speed, it’s probably worth it. :D

Well, it s also available in a 2TB flavor. Pricey compared to some other 2TB offerings, but when you want/need ludricrous speed, it’s probably worth it. :D
hahaha maybe too much. I am looking for a nice upgrade from my 970 EVO (regular non pro or plus) either in speed and or size. This is my OS drive and where install apps like Photoshop and Premiere but the cache for those apps I have been storing on a separate NVME (inland 1TB). So not sure if a super fast 980pro 1TB or similar will be helpful or something a bit faster than what I have but still affordable 2TB version.

Completely anecdotal but I grabbed two of these during the last sale, one for boot and one for games. Boot time from post to fully loaded desktop is like 4 seconds.

Loading in AC Valhalla is like 10 to 12 seconds on first load and about 6 seconds after death.

Don't know if that means anything to anyone but I'm happy with my purchase.

was tempted to get the Rocket 4 Plus (or WD SN850) but in the end decided to go with the Samsung 970 EVO Plus PCIe 3.0 NVMe...will wait until the heatsink versions of these new 4.0 drives come out along with cheaper prices for the 2TB models

was tempted to get the Rocket 4 Plus (or WD SN850) but in the end decided to go with the Samsung 970 EVO Plus PCIe 3.0 NVMe...will wait until the heatsink versions of these new 4.0 drives come out along with cheaper prices for the 2TB models
I don't feel like buying it at 200 since it was $150 before (unless that was a different model) i i think I will wait too for a 2tb to get an upgrade in speed and size.

I don't feel like buying it at 200 since it was $150 before (unless that was a different model) i i think I will wait too for a 2tb to get an upgrade in speed and size.

the one that was $150 was the Sabrent Rocket using the older E16 controller...this new Rocket Plus version is using the better E18 controller...

the one that was $150 was the Sabrent Rocket using the older E16 controller...this new Rocket Plus version is using the better E18 controller...
ah! that changes things then..I am back on the fence about it. :D Wait to get a 2TB or upgrade in speed from my current 970 EVO (non plus nor pro)...decisions decisions

I grabbed a bunch of these 1 & 2TB units for upcoming client builds, a great price for great drives, gonna save me some mo' money....Thanks Supercharged :)

The $149 price is back up today for Cyber Monday only on the 1Tb Sabrent Rocket model. Just wish the newer Sabrent Rocket Plus was also on sale, but it just released a few days ago, so no joy. They are both so damn fast that I doubt anyone would really notice a difference between the two in normal use though. These are VERY fast drives, with the Rocket Plus being able to reach ludicrous speed. :D

The Sarbent PCIE4 NVMe can save 1 - 2 seconds of load time in some games. Samsung's 980 Pro PCIE4 NVMe is quite a bit faster than Sarbent's in benchmarks, but I don't know about game loading times.

The Sarbent PCIE4 NVMe and the Corsair MP600 use the same controller and perform pretty much identically.

Sarbent and Samsung 980 Pro PCIE4 NVMe drives compared in benchmarks:

The Sarbent and Corsair PCIE4 NVMe compared in benchmarks (they use the same controller and are basically identical in performance):

Try to repair any game (file check) that is 80-100GB and show me the result.
And of course try to put NVMe in something that cool it, we all know that the better performance come with more heat...

Back