S24C570HL - How to remove stand?

LenaR

n00b
Hi, are there any owners of the Samsung S24C570HL monitor that can advise how to remove the stand?

I purchased this monitor but have decided to return it due to light bleed issues plus a hot pixel in the centre of the screen. The only problem is, I can't seem to get the stand removed so I can pack it back up in the box. It just pushed into the socket on the monitor during assembly so I initially tried just pulling but it didn't budge so I checked the manual and it states:

"While holding the stand neck with one hand, pound the other
fisted hand down onto the top of the stand base in the direction
of the arrow to detach the stand base."

Erm what.. they want me to hit it with my fist? I tried a few gingerly hits to the base with no luck, but since the stand neck and the stand base are screwed together as one piece.. I'm not quite sure how it's supposed to work.

Is there anyone who's successfully done this that can shed some light on technique?

i know it's an old thread, but in case more people run into this...

the fist technique doesnt make sense, it's like you have to use your knees to hold the monitor from sliding towards you

it came out for me with constant pulling & wiggling

as for the bleed issues, that's likely PLS glow, the same as IPS glow, you cant get rid of that unless your eye angle is looking upward relative to the 'horizon' of the monitor (tilt it up or raise it below the base)

Back