S.T.A.L.K.E.R: SoC $5 on steam

Steam needs to stop these $5 sales...I am not going to know what to do with all of the games D:

DLing now... This is my first time using Steam.... Is it always this slow? Its DLing at a whopping 400 KB/s

it depends, at home i top out at 600k, but at work i get between 1.5 and 2.0mb/s... i think it depends on steam's server in addition to your connection because it's not consistent from day to day.

Got it immediately. Couldn't get it at this price point in d2d due to region restriction. I'm really glad Steam's selling it now for 5 bucks :D

DLing now... This is my first time using Steam.... Is it always this slow? Its DLing at a whopping 400 KB/s

Downloading at 1.5MBps right now from steam. Borderlands is taking most the B/W.

Thanks OP! I was getting an itch to play this again, but I don't have it. But I bought it for $5.

Killer deal on this game. You'd be foolish not picking it up at this price if you didn't already own it. haha.

75% off on Steam until next Monday.

Great price for one of the best games of the past decade.

Goodness. For any of you that haven't played this masterpiece yet, there are no more excuses. $5 gets you a HELL of a great game with a bunch of killer mods out there to really put it over the top.

Definitely recommend playing through the first time with Stalker Complete 2009 (Steam buyers, make sure to download the Steam compatible version after hitting the download link).

Also see my thread about installation and modding SOC here, even if you plan to play it vanilla without mods (you'll want to fix the shadow glitches and over-bright flashlight).

(you'll want to fix the shadow glitches and over-bright flashlight).

No chance, the game's scary enough as it is, an over-bright torch was just about the only thing keeping me from shitting the whole way through the first time I played it.

the online play is absolutely insane as well, except for the "Pool" (which is basically a huge fucking running, gunning free for all) there are literally dozens of hiding/sniping spots in each map, and we're talking about ~ 10 different maps, some are just huge (Army Warehouses and Desolated Village)...

the only problem is that cheaters are rampant, but most of the players are pretty cool about it and will try to vote off a cheater even if he's on their team and racking up tons of kills, once it gets to about 20+ players though my 4870 starts to get laggy as hell and my ping is already high (usually the highest of any player in just about every map I've played so far)...

great game, good thing the online play is free, because I'm definitely addicted...

:p

This game was $5 during the D2D sale as well. I guess some people are still resisting D2D. I have no idea why. D2D is actually better than steam, since there's no third party software to speak of.

Goodness. For any of you that haven't played this masterpiece yet, there are no more excuses. $5 gets you a HELL of a great game with a bunch of killer mods out there to really put it over the top.

Steam: Guitarrassdeamor

Surprise me. Lol :p:p:p

Nice, that super cheap! 75% off!? But, I've already owned S.T.A.L.K.E.R for pc, so ill leave it for the next guy or gal.

God at that price, I'm going to buy Stalker and start gifting it to people on my friends list to force them to play this masterpiece.

Stalker complete and Oblivion lost work with steam version?

Forum administrators, it's not for me to tell you how to run your forum - and this is only a suggestion - but this thread, and a few others like it, are better of just staying in the PC Gaming section.

I've only just discovered the PC Gaming forum recently, and now I've bookmarked it. That's where I go to read about PC Gaming.

If a forum member wants to alert me about a great deal on a PC Game, then that's where I'm likely to read about it. It's just easier that way. I see now that there's a sub forum for deals, but I'll probably forget to look there on a regular basis.

I'd hate to miss out on a two-day sale for a PC game simply because I haven't bookmarked every sub forum at every forum I visit. I've already got enough bookmarks the way it is.

Also, sometimes great discussions about the games themselves happen when a person posts about a sale - in other words, the thread ends up becoming much more than just a notifier about a sale.

Thanks. :)

Love the forum.

we post these in HOT DEALS because they are HOT DEALS. whether its a game or not shouldn't matter.

Anywho, I never got a chance to play this game. I don't even have a system to play it on but i bought it anyways :)

Adam

Forum administrators, it's not for me to tell you how to run your forum - and this is only a suggestion - but this thread, and a few others like it, are better of just staying in the PC Gaming section.

I've only just discovered the PC Gaming forum recently, and now I've bookmarked it. That's where I go to read about PC Gaming.

If a forum member wants to alert me about a great deal on a PC Game, then that's where I'm likely to read about it. It's just easier that way. I see now that there's a sub forum for deals, but I'll probably forget to look there on a regular basis.

I'd hate to miss out on a two-day sale for a PC game simply because I haven't bookmarked every sub forum at every forum I visit. I've already got enough bookmarks the way it is.

Also, sometimes great discussions about the games themselves happen when a person posts about a sale - in other words, the thread ends up becoming much more than just a notifier about a sale.

Love the forum.
It's a shame that you don't feel like checking the hot deals section regularly, but us forum members would rather not have deal threads cluttering up the Gaming section and instead we would like them to be here where they belong. After all, the point of a hot deals subforum is so that all hot deals can be consolidated there rather than having them scattered around in different sections depending on what kind of item the deal is for.

Love the forum.

That's why I posted the STALKER deal and The Witcher deal in the PC games section as I have bookmarked that sub-forum too and very rarely visit HotDeals sub-forum (mostly USA deals and little that interests me normally as I'm based in Great Britain)

Back