S.T.A.L.K.E.R : Lost Alpha news

gee, plenty of stalker fans here huh..

well, now that the weekend is gone, i can dedicate myself to the zone, i was too busy! :D

me and my trusted tuned niva just found what i think is this dude pet brain.. now, to X10! (after i dump some of the crap im carrying of course.. :p)

ss_D4rkn3ss_07_21_14_12_08_00_la10_radar.jpg

the weight hacks appear to be standard across all stalkers. the patch would change the saved game file structure but not the config file structures

really it is pretty mandatory this game because of the vast empty spaces and lack of functional storage boxes like they used to have in the other games

it may feel cheap but it will increase your enjoyment of the game dramatically

im running game default. i bought a tuned niva, i store all my stuff on my tuned niva, including several cans of gas for refueling.

Is it possible to do this with the new patch? I heard it changes the file structure.

i guess you could find some mod.. the correct way would be to unpack all the gamedata files to a gamedata folder and do the old editing trick, its too much bother though, at least for me :p

overwhelming the amount of stalker fans here..

anyway, driving my tuned niva in the forest, this thing is a goddamn jeep, climb mountains and shit :D

ss_D4rkn3ss_07_21_14_15_04_02_la22_forest.jpg

Third patch is out. Maybe I'll actually start playing it,though it's a pain to start a new game as required with each new patch.

Changelog for 1.3003 (released several days ago on July 31):

Fixes:
- fixed "can not open video stream" crash on Swamp
- fixed missing sprint anim for Fort pistol
- fixed weather getting stuck on "af_preblowout"
- fixed Sin being hostile for no reason on Darkscape
- fixed random NPCS at kamp in garbage
- fixed Lukash anomaly machine task dialog
- fixed crash to desktop after final arena battle- fixed errors with unupgradable stalker exo outfit
- fixed third gift dialog with Ivancov
- fixed case where sometimes Mole would not talk after military battle
- fixed Can't find include file:[text\eng\string_table_tasks_swamp.xml]
- fixed [error]Description : No available phrase to say, dialog[out_hunter_start]
- fixed stalker trader leaving his post on Construction level
- fixed Sarcofagus battery not disappearing after use
- fixed case where Dolina prisoner won't talk to you if you open the cell before he is captive
- fixed crash with "missing section"
- fixed unresponsive military at cordon bridge
- fixed military blockposts getting hostile for no reason
- fixed early message to meet Mole from Seriy task

Addons:
- finetuned weapon damages again
- finetuned step sounds for earth surface (they were too silent)
- finetuned monster damages again
- finetuned ai reactions for silenced weapons and certain materials
- raised the headlamp's light angle
- disabled ammo repacker until we can make it better
- upgraded bandit outfits will now also work for the bandit infiltration task- increased secret trader stay time
- increased chance of secret trader having unique items
- removed the money robbing on Deadcity to create a smooth cutscene in prison
- added missing trade ltx for Petrenko. Note that it will only work after a certain stage in the game!
- added working trunk to white lada on Darkdolina
- added free roaming NPCs in Freeplay mode (after good ending)
- removed .avi files from the game to avoid conflict with codecs on certain computers
- reduced some more quest items' weight to zero
- added missing articles for Burer and Chimera
- removed unnescessary crashes with errors such as ! item [***_***_***] not found!!

"This patch is cumulative, so you will not need to install the previous (1.3001 or 1.3002) patch at all."

I'm gonna give it another few months until I'm back in the Stalker mood. Then this shall be played day and night..labs only in daytime of course :D

I've been playing Secret Trails 2 mod.
It's good! Been playing it on and off for about 2 weeks now. :eek:
It has a lot of hours in it. ;)

I might give this game a shot, never got into the series too much, but there's a void in my life that Fallout 4 should be filling.

Saw mention in the Lost Alpha comments that Autumn Aurora 2 may be better than Stalker Complete for SHOC.

Anyway, Lost Alpha is still at 1.3003 since July so I suppose it's stable now, and they are apparently working on a "developer's cut" which looks like a long haul to finish.

Saw mention in the Lost Alpha comments that Autumn Aurora 2 may be better than Stalker Complete for SHOC.

Anyway, Lost Alpha is still at 1.3003 since July so I suppose it's stable now, and they are apparently working on a "developer's cut" which looks like a long haul to finish.

good to know. I've been waiting to play this forever.

I want to go back and play STALKER again. I only played vanilla, oblivion lost, and stalker complete. I really liked oblivion lost!

It gives a much larger & original feeling to STALKER than Shadow of Chernobyl did. I recommend it. I still need to play all of the way through it myself, which I'll get around to eventually.

Back