S.T.A.L.K.E.R : Lost Alpha news

So I just started playing SoC Complete, and right after the first mission a bunch of dudes raided the starting settlement and killed pretty much everyone. I managed to kill them off and get a bunch of AKs, ammo, etc, but...is that supposed to happen? Am I screwed now that most of the friendly guys are dead?

its your home camp, but doesn't matter aside from that. usually stuff like this will trigger from conversations or approaching areas. don't have the conversations until you are ready.

official patch 1.3001 http://www.mediafire.com/download/luxs9thrxh9v87a/STALKER_LostAlpha_patch_1.3001_.exe

blah, have to uninstall the game and reinstall all over again, its all modded, taking a break anyway, its fucking friday bro and i need to "rest" :p :p :p

when i go to download it my antivirus gives warning...is there not just a patch? or at least a clean torrent
Capture_zps741f5742.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

not to mention, im not really wanting to start completely over again right?

Last edited:
No progress lost if you haven't modified the game. The patch is quite safe... BS false positives.

ESET is warning you that they think mediafire.com is a shady site. There certainly has been a lot of questionable uploads there.

I am finding myself with questions about whether the 1.3001 update is legit. I can't find where D4rkn3ss found that link. It doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere on the moddb page, except that in the comments there is a link to a piratebay torrent of the 1.3001 update. Over in the GSC Game World SSOC forum, the only mention I find is that the patch "gets stuck on installing video codec", which raises a red flag with me.

So, what's the legit source of the 1.3001 patch?

i really need the code to this door...cause im still stuck
XR_3DA2014-05-0302-26-15-69_zps2e3bbef3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
this is the mission im on btw
XR_3DA2014-05-0302-30-19-92_zps2c58e395.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
i must be retarded...and im out of dam batteries...uggg:mad:

ok i took the advise and installed the new update....now it crashes every time i try to start the game:mad:
nice patch....fuck my life...j/k....but still the patch hosed my game dam it:mad:
Capture_zps08fb4ea1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

any ideas to fix it would be nice:( I should have listened to my antivirus after all:eek:

Last edited:
ok i took the advise and installed the new update....now it crashes every time i try to start the game:mad:
nice patch....fuck my life...j/k....but still the patch hosed my game dam it:mad:
Capture_zps08fb4ea1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

any ideas to fix it would be nice:( I should have listened to my antivirus after all:eek:

Antivirus? For real?.....lol. That AV is probably causing you more problems that its fixing.

my god man the game looks like shit, theres no way to fix this crap, half an hour fiddling with stuff, no way, someone has to stop those guys from doing patches, fucked, ruined! the game was soooo good, soo good looking, everything was fixed by the community, it didnt had more bugs, it didnt crashed, all the greatest texture packs from several mods were stuffed in, but nooo, "oh, ima mongoloid, i have pride", like some sort of genghis khan after the flu, "i cant take the awesome work of these people, how dare they fix my game" and lo and behold, "ima has a new patch! two actually, one has even hotfix!" and everything went to hell...

anyway, use this with the new 1.30013 patch, or else: S3r1ous Bug Fixes v1.5 by ThaOneDon (9.74MB) - http://www.mediafire.com/download/k7mmgs7ars67avk/S3r1ous+Bug+Fixes+v1.5+by+ThaOneDon.rar

im also using the S3r1ous Textures Effects and Audio v1 (1.04GB) but still looks like shit. oh, did i mentioned the game now after the patch only works correctly with dx9? yeeeees, now you know.

source for the fix: http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr&sec_id=19

way to distract me from the hangover, kinda depressed with this shit actually, and the night was so well, well fuck it, have better things to do, see you guys later.

primetime, you never found the X18 related documents (The mission right under the bandit coat). In the regular game you have to talk to the Barman I think and then kill some bandit leader to get the info.

Check through your pda for anything relating to a code, if not, kill all those fuckers and see if one of them has the code.

my god man the game looks like shit, theres no way to fix this crap, half an hour fiddling with stuff, no way, someone has to stop those guys from doing patches, fucked, ruined! the game was soooo good, soo good looking, everything was fixed by the community, it didnt had more bugs, it didnt crashed, all the greatest texture packs from several mods were stuffed in, but nooo, "oh, ima mongoloid, i have pride", like some sort of genghis khan after the flu, "i cant take the awesome work of these people, how dare they fix my game" and lo and behold, "ima has a new patch! two actually, one has even hotfix!" and everything went to hell...

anyway, use this with the new 1.30013 patch, or else: S3r1ous Bug Fixes v1.5 by ThaOneDon (9.74MB) - http://www.mediafire.com/download/k7mmgs7ars67avk/S3r1ous+Bug+Fixes+v1.5+by+ThaOneDon.rar

im also using the S3r1ous Textures Effects and Audio v1 (1.04GB) but still looks like shit. oh, did i mentioned the game now after the patch only works correctly with dx9? yeeeees, now you know.

source for the fix: http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr&sec_id=19

way to distract me from the hangover, kinda depressed with this shit actually, and the night was so well, well fuck it, have better things to do, see you guys later.

I'm wondering what you've been taking/imbibing to have that hangover... :rolleyes:

The game works fine with D3D10. I've checked & it looks no different than before the patch. I'll wait until there are compatible higher res textures for this mod.

Thanks for the source of the official fix! From there we now know:

The 1.3001 patch was missing files, so you need 1.30013.

They are "constantly updating dx10 and 10.1 because its not finished yet. this glitch does not happen for everyone, because it's very much driver- and vga-related."

At this point it's such a hot mess that I think you'd be crazy or on drugs to try to improve things with third-party patches and mods.

Now I'm getting what looks like artifacts or something (Black lines and whatnot when I look at certain angles). It's a true STALKER game with these bugs, where's my complete mod :p

Military? I don't think that should happen. But there are only 2 people who have quests there anyways I think. (The guy in the bunker type thing and one of the Stalkers, although I don't think he's important other than for the first mission)

I generally try to wipe out the military base ASAP since you can get some good guns there for the beginning. It also lets you get the briefcase way before you need it.

Yeah, what must have happened is I got slightly too close to the military base at some point, and then I guess they all flooded in quite a bit later. On the plus side, I went to the base and there was only one guy left, so I managed to clear it out pretty easy.

Too many CTDs lately :( v1.30013 isn't doing enough for me, so I'll wait to try it again with the next patch.

good morning!! all is well, all is fine, in dx10!

fix in tl;dr (nope :p) version:

install patch 1.30013, backup your gamedata and bins folder (in case of a new official patch comes along)

go here http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr&sec_id=19 , find the "S.L.A.M. Pack" thread, unpack and drop the S3r1ous Bug Fixes into your installation folder overriding stuff and delete your user.ltx (the game creates a fresh one upon start). unpack and drop the S3r1ous Textures Effects and Audio into your install folder. (i unpacked it to check, it only contains textures and sounds, in case someone is wondering).

now, everything is well, dx10 10.1, and all the goodies except, on my case, the brightness/gamma/contrast slider works, they change the values on the user.ltx but have no effect, works fine on dx9 though, so, if that happens to you, you change manually these on the user.ltx:

r2_sun_lumscale 1. (overall brightness)
r2_tonemap_middlegray 1. (overall brightness)
r2_sun_lumscale_amb 0.6 (indoor brightness)
r2_sun_lumscale_hemi 1. (sky brightness)
r2_ls_bloom_threshold 1. (bloom brightness)
r2_gloss_factor 1. (objects brightness)

feel free to try other values (0.1 to 1.5), these are the ones im using, fiddle with that if your in-game brightness controls move but dont have effect in DX10. if someone finds a solution for that, please post, i just want to play the game, not spend my time searching for game fixes on foruns, its boring, it annoyed me enough.

old savegames works, if a new patch come along you just restore your gamedata and bins, delete the S3r1ous Textures Effects and Audio (its a single gamedatapack), and install the new patch. have fun!

*ah, to all the stoners and crackheads: straight alcohol bro (and marlboros!), but i was young though and... well, you know.

;)

edit: update here - http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1040821728&postcount=197

Last edited:
good morning!! all is well, all is fine, in dx10!

fix in tl;dr (nope :p) version:

install patch 1.30013, backup your gamedata and bins folder (in case of a new official patch comes along)

go here http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr&sec_id=19 , find the "S.L.A.M. Pack" thread, unpack and drop the S3r1ous Bug Fixes into your installation folder overriding stuff and delete your user.ltx (the game creates a fresh one upon start). unpack and drop the S3r1ous Textures Effects and Audio into your install folder. (i unpacked it to check, it only contains textures and sounds, in case someone is wondering).

now, everything is well, dx10 10.1, and all the goodies except, on my case, the brightness/gamma/contrast slider works, they change the values on the user.ltx but have no effect, works fine on dx9 though, so, if that happens to you, you change manually these on the user.ltx:

r2_sun_lumscale 1. (overall brightness)
r2_tonemap_middlegray 1. (overall brightness)
r2_sun_lumscale_amb 0.6 (indoor brightness)
r2_sun_lumscale_hemi 1. (sky brightness)
r2_ls_bloom_threshold 1. (bloom brightness)
r2_gloss_factor 1. (objects brightness)

feel free to try other values (0.1 to 1.5), these are the ones im using, fiddle with that if your in-game brightness controls move but dont have effect in DX10. if someone finds a solution for that, please post, i just want to play the game, not spend my time searching for game fixes on foruns, its boring, it annoyed me enough.

old savegames works, if a new patch come along you just restore your gamedata and bins, delete the S3r1ous Textures Effects and Audio (its a single gamedatapack), and install the new patch. have fun!

*ah, to all the stoners and crackheads: straight alcohol bro (and marlboros!), but i was young though and... well, you know.

;)

+Rep

Thank you for the links! This greatly improved my game!

Those fixes caused a stupid bug. First of all that bloodsucker spawned in an object I think so he was running into it. Then when I shot him it crashed every time. Put the original files back in and I could kill him.

Those fixes caused a stupid bug. First of all that bloodsucker spawned in an object I think so he was running into it. Then when I shot him it crashed every time. Put the original files back in and I could kill him.

hmm.. i found a bloodsucker, he came at me, i took the challenge, went for my knife.. and he fucked me up.

loaded a save, found the same bloodsucker, started shooting at him with the scope, he came at me, took a full clip.. and he was dead.

everything is fine here! :D

hmm.. i found a bloodsucker, he came at me, i took the challenge, went for my knife.. and he fucked me up.

loaded a save, found the same bloodsucker, started shooting at him with the scope, he came at me, took a full clip.. and he was dead.

everything is fine here! :D

Same thing with the Boars that attack the little duty checkpoint. I was using v 1.72, but screw that. I like the AI, but the bugs ruin it. Also, that texture pack goes way overboard on the brightness(bloom?). Ahhh, always gotta make sacrifices with this game.

OMG FUUUUUUCK THAT HELI FOR REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also... if you break the back door off of your car, you can no longer access the trunk. At least thats the case with the first car. I took the effort to drive it all the way to the bar from dark valley then cordon and the maze for a car that is the garbage and finally got to the entrance to the bar only to have it break off, I guess on my head, and then I couldn't get at any of the stuff in the trunk. Thankfully I had a save at the zone in and knew it was coming next time

LOL. This game...So if you wanna troll around in the bandit camp(where you need to get some info for X18), sell your stuff to one(each has 5k), then knife him in the face. No one will care, I just killed 3 in a row right in front of each other. Rinse, repeat, become rich!

For some strange reason, I can't seem to get the SLAM textures & audio pack. Mediafire gives me the link but Firefox doesn't see it. Anyone have an alternate link?

you shot at him didnt you, yeah i did the same :D

I'm referring to the second encounter with one. And in that case I shot at him a hell of a lot lol. But I had shit to get from the ground. Had to scare him off lol. That escape from the heli was, seriously, one of the few actually intense moments I've had gaming in a long time. When I got past it I was actually relieved like... sheeeew glad that shits over with. I only died like 15 times at least trying to get away. That's why I was so pissed about the car fucking up when I finally got it back to the bar.

LIke... "mother fucker I brought you all the way here through all of these zones. Through water garbage mounds and even through a few anomalies, and you're going to break by bumping my head on you!!???? FUCK YOU CAR! Now how will I hoard all of my crap?!"

Trunk of a car best invention in a weight based inventory lol

So..... 1st time stalker here entering the zone should I 1.SoC vanilla 2. Complete or 3. Lost Alpha?

I'm leaning towards Complete.

Do Complete first. That way you know the general story and areas. Lost Alpha adds a lot more and changes it, but you still know the basics.

So..... 1st time stalker here entering the zone should I 1.SoC vanilla 2. Complete or 3. Lost Alpha?

I'm leaning towards Complete.

I'd agree with Complete. It doesn't change the storyline,just enhances and balances the gameplay,adds weapons,and best of all adds freeplay,which allows you to continue roaming the Zone after completing the main quest. Once you're done with that,you can move on to Lost Alpha.

Awesome, I'm already moving past the Garbage area in Complete and the game is fun as hell. Idk why the fuck I waited so long to play this.

Only thing I don't like so far about SoC Complete is that there is barely any feedback when you shoot at guys and when you actually hit them. It would be nice to have a little bit of a blood mist or more dust when you shoot at the ground to see where your shots are actually landing. More often than not I just shoot at a guy repeatedly, having no clue whether or not I am hitting him, until he finally drops dead. But most of the time they don't flinch, you don't see any blood, or anything.

Only thing I don't like so far about SoC Complete is that there is barely any feedback when you shoot at guys and when you actually hit them. It would be nice to have a little bit of a blood mist or more dust when you shoot at the ground to see where your shots are actually landing. More often than not I just shoot at a guy repeatedly, having no clue whether or not I am hitting him, until he finally drops dead. But most of the time they don't flinch, you don't see any blood, or anything.

I kind of like that because it keeps the battles pretty intense, not knowing if that enemy you shot died around the corner from blood loss or what. But some flincing would be nice.

I kind of like that because it keeps the battles pretty intense, not knowing if that enemy you shot died around the corner from blood loss or what. But some flincing would be nice.

Yeah, I get that aspect of it too, and I agree with that part...it just feels a bit unsatisfying overall. Maybe it doesn't even need blood mist, just more dust when you shoot around them so you can tell if you're even hitting them or not.

Yeah, I get that aspect of it too, and I agree with that part...it just feels a bit unsatisfying overall. Maybe it doesn't even need blood mist, just more dust when you shoot around them so you can tell if you're even hitting them or not.

Damn that would be badass if they implemented a plume of red mist from a successful sniper shot.

Damn that would be badass if they implemented a plume of red mist from a successful sniper shot.
This is implemented in CoP, though it might be Misery-centric. You see it when striking both human and mutant targets. It's a great way to verify that you've actually hit something since aiming in the Stalker series can get pretty frustrating, especially when using badly maintained weapons.

Lots of cars in Darkscape. Dont be suckered into getting that jeep. The wheel comes off faster than the hatch backs back door and there goes your trunk access for the jeep. Best one I've used so far is the 4 door white car with the yellow roof. The trunk opens and doesn't come in contact with your character at all so I think it won't break off that way.

Back