S.T.A.L.K.E.R : Lost Alpha news

Dezo updated the lost alpha mod db page saying that it would be released on the 26th of April. so that's what i am going by. or this is just the most dastardly April fools joke ever conceived.

on one hand i am glad that its being released, the other i am rather disappointed that we won't be getting the polished version that dezo envisioned.

edit: Dezo said that they will be supporting the mod after launch. Even though LA won't have a commercial release, now that the leaker asshole leaked a near final build.

Last edited:
This mod reminds me of Knights of the Force for Jedi Academy.

I've been lusting after this mod for so long that I'm just happy it's being released, regardless of the circumstances. I'm excited. GET OUT OF HERE STALKER!

Gahhh!

“early access” Bullshit! Just release the full product for christ sake!

S.T.A.L.K.E.R-ed+Doge+8th+Edition.+still+taking+requests_8e7edd_4797629.png

Har Har Har,

Get out of here , Stalker!

What is the purpose of a Beta test, if you're just going to release the game as "Early Access" AKA a Beta, anyway? It is getting ridiculous.

Gahhh!

“early access” Bullshit! Just release the full product for christ sake!

its basically going to be a full release. the reason it was taking them so long was because they were working with gsc ( stalker devs) to have commercial release as an official stalker game. So they needed everything to be perfect. but now since the pos leaked the near final build the gsc won't help them/ allow them to do a commercial release. so they are just going to release LA like any other mod.

Dezo have never mentioned " early access" as far as i know. through i would love it to come out on steam so i could give them a few bucks.

Last edited:
Dezo have never mentioned " early access" as far as i know.

Apparently he did in this article.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/04/03/s...-leaked-april-26-release-date-announced/#null
"The silver lining here, maybe, is that Dez0wave decided to release an official version of Lost Alpha on April 26. While it’s better than the leaked version, Dez0wave said we should think about it as “early access,” meaning it will keep patching and updating after release".

I am skeptical that it was "leaked" by anyone outside of the dev team. This thing was never likely to see the light of day as anofficial release given the whole GSC/Stalker licensing debacle, so this is simply a good excuse.

It's a shame GSC backed out of releasing it commercially,it's another dumb move on their part after cancelling STALKER 2. The developers deserve financial compensation after all their hard work,and perhaps after it was successful it would get GSC off their asses to continue the series. Or at least convince some other publisher to buy the license off of GSC.

I am skeptical that it was "leaked" by anyone outside of the dev team. This thing was never likely to see the light of day as anofficial release given the whole GSC/Stalker licensing debacle, so this is simply a good excuse.

It was leaked by one of the beta testers,neither Dezowave or GSC had anything to gain by leaking it. For the dev team it was an opportunity to see some profit from their work,likewise GSC,they haven't exactly been raking in the cash lately.

I've heard of Lost Alpha, but never played it. Is it something like the SoC version of Misery?

LA is fully standalone game. Which was designed to be the game that stalker should have been before it got cut back. it has all the maps that were removed from the original stalker plus some new ones and a totaly new story. you won't need to have stalker installed to play it either.

It was leaked by one of the beta testers,neither Dezowave or GSC had anything to gain by leaking it. For the dev team it was an opportunity to see some profit from their work,likewise GSC,they haven't exactly been raking in the cash lately.

I don't see how a leak precludes them from profit, who the hell wants to play some old beta build? Just seems like an overreaction for a leaked build

Hopefully they move forward

"This unfortunate event crosses out any chances to release LA as an official addon to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series. LA will be released as an addon for free."

My interpretation of this is that Lost Alpha has been in an unreleasable limbo because they made the mistake of talking to Sergei Grigorovich at some point, and that releasing an unusable build was the only way the dez0wave could break themselves away from "GSC backing".

GSC, by the way, has some issues, like not existing. To say nothing of the fact that it was a Ukrainian company, and I don't know if you've noticed but just being there is a bit of a problem lately. So I'm really unclear about what anyone could mean by "GSC backing".

At least dez is apparently in Hungary and the rest of the dez0wave team is mostly not in Ukraine, so hopefully this new release date is a real thing.

I'm convinced that the release date is real,and that they intend to support the game with future updates and any necessary patches. It was stated before the leak they were aiming for an October release,so the game must have been very close to complete. They've also hinted that they already have a future project in the works.

i read that as

"it got leaked, so we are going to push out a new beta, called the official version, let you beta test while we continue to work on it"

LA is fully standalone game. Which was designed to be the game that stalker should have been before it got cut back. it has all the maps that were removed from the original stalker plus some new ones and a totaly new story. you won't need to have stalker installed to play it either.
Wow! That sounds like...wow! SoC v2.0!

I vividly the final assault on the CNPP and trying to avoid that damn emission. The interior of the plant was the stuff of nightmares.

Are you sure you won't need the base game, though? I thought this was an add-on.

I think I'm actually giddy to play it... my last fight with mutants was in Metro Last Light.

Wow! That sounds like...wow! SoC v2.0!

I vividly the final assault on the CNPP and trying to avoid that damn emission. The interior of the plant was the stuff of nightmares.

Are you sure you won't need the base game, though? I thought this was an add-on.

No base game needed,it's a stand alone game with an updated engine and original storyline.

oh man i'm excited. it's been about two years since i've played any STALKER game so i'm ready to get back into it.

I just hope this (mod? revision? expansion?) isn't a bugfest. As much as I love the Stalker series, all three were almost unplayable without serious patching. Even then, the official patches were still riddled with game crashing bugs.

Not trying to be Debbie Downer. I really am looking forward to this.

I just hope this (mod? revision? expansion?) isn't a bugfest. As much as I love the Stalker series, all three were almost unplayable without serious patching. Even then, the official patches were still riddled with game crashing bugs.

Not trying to be Debbie Downer. I really am looking forward to this.

If you can't deal with bugs then this mod may not be for you. It comes with the territory I reckon.

I can deal with >some< bugs. I can't deal with game shattering ones, though. For example, I had one helluva scare last night with Misery. After investing probably close to 75 hours, I inexplicably ran into an issue where the game would immediately CTD after loading saves. My last usuable save was around 20 hours ago. I eventually worked around the problem by making my way back to the Skadovsk and sleeping for 24 hours (game time), but I had to keep retrying because, at that point, I was 1) nowhere near the ship, 2) low on health with no stims or medkits, and 3) being stalked by two bloodsuckers. I also kept getting jumped by bandits and other critters.

Point is that some bugs are fine, like Beard selling protein bars for 20,000 RU. When you've got gigantic bugs that do obscene things like corrupt savefiles, that's another beast entirely and is ruinous to the experience.

Thats not the mod thats Stalker its been a problem since day 1 . any one who has ever played stalker knows to save more than once in 20 hours, more like every 10 min or less.

Yes, you should save more than that, but the point is that a mod can go one of two ways - it can either fix a bunch of mites (e.g.,. the Stalker Complete series), or it can generate a host of new ones. Vanilla Stalker (any of the three) is already riddled with bugs. To do a complete rework like this sounds very exciting, but also fairly worrisome.

This is mainly why I waited for Misery 2.1 to be released before pursuing the game with any gusto. When Misery 2.0 was distributed, the forums lit up with bug report after bug report after bug report, some of which were VERY serious. I ran into some of these myself when I was simply futzing around with it. The answers were usually of the, "Sorry, you're screwed. Go back to a previous save." type.

This situation is exacerbated by the fact that auto and quicksaves are particularly prone to corruption, which necessitates saving the "manual" way.

There is a particularly nasty bug in Clear Sky right after the Red Forest that, if you are unlucky enough to spring it, you're virtually done. No amount of backloading works. And I don't think any mod fixes it.

These are the types of bugs which are of paramount concern. Will Lost Alpha help or hinder in this regard is anyone's guess. We'll certainly see.

FYI CoP had pretty much zero issues stock. I actually had more problems with mods in that one. The other 2 are pretty bad stock though. (I did manage to play through Clear Sky completely stock without any bugs, very lucky I guess :p)

Maybe I was just lucky,but I had very few problems with any of the STALKER games,other than the occasional CTD,and not many of those. Certainly much fewer than the Fallout games.Can't wait to try out Lost Alpha.

not yet in the next 3 hours dezo said. moddb wont let them upload it for some reason, so they are setting up a torrent

The dezowave.com site is now password protected. Anyone know what's going on?

BTW, moddb posted the first of apparently 13 parts of LA. I presume they're trickling-out the archive so the servers won't get pummeled.

"ATTENTION!
We are experiencing some difficulties uploading Lost Alpha installer to ModDB site. It's a huge file. Please bear with us, we are trying to sort it out.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused and please be patient.
Dez0wave Team"

AW C'MOOOOOON!!!!!!

Back