S.T.A.L.K.E.R. key

I do believe that just worked... downloading the client now.

Had to use IE though, it kept coming up saying "invalid" in firefox.

nice, good lookin out. got it to work in firefox with a little bit of effort (pressing enter to submit form since the button doesnt show up)

so do you have to have a paid account or can you just do the free one? i know they did the free one with the FEAR beta...

Hmmm, I got a key, but the only download location I see is for paid subscribers, no free download sites show up :(

Edit: Never mind, it looks like IE had an error on page icon, and after about 5 minutes the free servers showed up.

Really, I guess I had no problems doing this with FF.

The public servers (after you log in--you need to have an account (free)) are located below the private ones. Just scroll down.

Haven't installed yet, though.

Woohoo invalid CD key.

edit: 3 different CD keys from fileplanet and they all come up invalid, anyone else getting this?

Make sure you press enter after typing in the key.

Anyone else having problems with ridiculously unresponsive controls? I think it must be shoddy netcode, because it's fine when I host my own server.

Make sure you press enter after typing in the key.

Anyone else having problems with ridiculously unresponsive controls? I think it must be shoddy netcode, because it's fine when I host my own server.

OMFG they got me with the hitting enter.

It looks like most of the servers are in Yurop so that might account for unresponsive controls.

I'm in the UK and tried many different UK servers... ping was about 50ms most of the time, but it's just impossible to play. Half the time nothing happens when you press fire.

Hmm...Invalid CD-key
Pressed enter though.
Got some weird problem too...it reconises QWERTY while i am using AZERTY
No problem...i know the layout of a QWERTY. Now i need to enter 2 numbers in the whole CDkey. Cool, no numpad working?....okay, I use the other numbers. Cool, caps is inverted?

What the hell mateys? :(

Got my key and downloaded the client. Sweet.

Though the whole process reminded me how much I hate fileplanet.

dling now, going 1231 kb/s, fastest ive ever downloaded lol, kinda freaking me out.

Thanks for the link but so far this isn't fun at all. Hopefully the singleplayer is still good though.

My download keeps crapping out on me.

Makes me feel like I'm on a shitty dial up connection.

Go-go time warner cable. :mad:

It worked great for me. A lot of fun. I got my ass handed to me, of course, most of the time.

This is fun. Controls are a little wonky, and I keep getting my ass handed to me. Other than that I'm enjoying it.

I am so digging the MP. As a CSS junkie, I find many similarities. This game has a lot of potential, and the graphics are very good. More importantly the game play is fairly good. I have to look more into the physics of the shooting and shot grouping to determine how realistic it is.

The day/night cycle, and weather patterns are great. I really enjoy the eeriness of the lighting and shadows during nighttime.

I am so digging the MP. As a CSS junkie, I find many similarities. This game has a lot of potential, and the graphics are very good. More importantly the game play is fairly good. I have to look more intothe physics of the shooting and shot grouping to determine how realistic it is.

I really like the environmental effects with the swirling balls of radiation that keep jacking with you. Really neat stuff.

I downloaded using logmein.com to my home pc, (I'm at work now), damn I love Logmein. :)

Just need to get out of work to play! Anybody with some screenshots?

Here are some screenshots in 1280x1024.

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

Ahh, I can't wait to get home and do this. Just 5 more hours! Hopefully it'll stay up that long. I have 5 other friends in real life who play online with me just about every game.

Is there a server function? I am always the one who loads up the server for Counter-Strike. I'd like to be able to host a server on here too, so us six can play alone.

Thanks for the link OP. :D

Downloading now...what kind of performance are you guys getting (and on what type of system)?

I was getting frame rates in the 30s, didn't pay too much attention(trying not to get my ass kicked :cool: )
all settings maxed out running rc5 in the background.
system in sig

Enter the key and press enter. Then you should be able to join.

I'm not getting a code to even show up to enter is the problem :)

IMPORTANT NOTE: The image above is created dynamically and served through a separate server. If it does not appear, or if you only see the message "invalid code", your computer is blocking the image from appearing. This problem may be caused by either a firewall or certain Ad-Blocking software. Please adjust your security settings to allow this image to be displayed.

I disabled my firewall, so I'm not sure what else could be causing this. Maybe IE 7?

I really like the environmental effects with the swirling balls of radiation that keep jacking with you. Really neat stuff.

Yeah, the environment is very cool, and the effects all make the end-user experience enjoyable.

After keeping abreast of STALKERS development with a series of delays, high hopes, and many letdowns, it is a supreme joy to be playing the beta. I am not disappointed, and I have found the payoff well worth it.

The graphics are not really dated although they are not cutting edge. Overall this is a very enjoyable game, and it has great potential. I can't wait to immerse myself in the SP game, although I figure to be spending most of my time in the MP looking to frag you nubcakes.

Back