S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky Walmart Blunder.

Majeztik12

Limp Gawd
I actually got to hold it !!!! $39.95 for some gaming bliss. When I took it to the checkout, it would not scan. So the lady called a CSM or CSS ...whatever they call them. That individual made a phone call and said it was on recall....WTF!!!! (I thought) DAM the bad luck!!!! I surewish I was a thief...lol. I then made a call to a personal friend of mine who is a Gamespot manager. He told me it was slated for release on the 15th of this month. SH*T...SO CLOSE!!!! :(

I would really love to go down to walmart right now since its 2 am on friday, but I am worried that it won't have a cd key, and me buying it and opening = no return, so id be SOL with no key.

I would really love to go down to walmart right now since its 2 am on friday, but I am worried that it won't have a cd key, and me buying it and opening = no return, so id be SOL with no key.

lol you know how many people open shit and return it? They don't care most of the time. Just say it doesn't work with your computer for some reason and show them everything's inside of it.

lol you know how many people open shit and return it? They don't care most of the time. Just say it doesn't work with your computer for some reason and show them everything's inside of it.

But where talking a computer game, thought it was some kind of widespread policy that you can't return a game (pc game none the less) if its opened?

I actually had their returns manager telling me that video games couldn't be returned due to federal copyright law.
[sarcasm]
Just so you know... federal copyright law now protects walmart from taking a loss on an opened video game.
[/sarcasm]

Why not open it up before you leave the store? I do that most of the time before leaving. I had an experience with GameStop when I bought UT2004. They didn't put the play disk in the case so I wasn't able to play it (if you remember this game, you don't need the play disk to install it). I had to return it to GameStop, keep in mind I was like 15 years old, so they gave me a few looks and went in the back with a few of their co-workers. Eventually they just swapped CD keys and disks and called it good and sent me on the way.

Moral of the story: If you buy expensive software, open it at the counter before you leave the store, you just never know unfortunately :eek:

Back