S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good, but no gameplay. But that looks like it was actually in UE4 and not doctored too heavily, so visually it might be okay. Will have to see gameplay though but it looks like this is actually progressing.

One of my favorite FPS series... have had a blast playing all three of them multiple times with various mods. I really hope they don't screw this up.

I loved the gritty realism of the X-ray engine. This looks nice though. Interesting updates on the anomalies ... I’m not feeling the electrical one though.

AI, that's the only reason I am waiting for STALKER 2. All the atmosphere, combat, architecture is great, but the AI is the only thing that would have me come back to the sequel. They need to make it more intelligent, perform more tasks, enable light and sound stealth, be more consistent, etc. You can get jaw dropping games absolutely everywhere these days, but the AI and A-Life Simulation system was the only thing that truly made STALKER stand out.

This game has been said to be releasing for the last decade. Anyone else on a "I'll believe it when I see it?"

This game has been said to be releasing for the last decade. Anyone else on a "I'll believe it when I see it?"

I don't believe there has ever been anything other than rumors. Was there ever a concrete announcement prior to today? In any case... you can be certain this ins't vaporware. Microsoft wouldn't have featured it in their show today if it was.

It's not the engine that worries me, it's the little Xbox logo in the corner. How dumbed down is the game going to be to make it console friendly?

It's not consoles that dumb shit down, a lot of the dumbing down started on PC and that's still the case, in fact most of the most obnoxious stuff started on the PC. And the most hardcore franchise out now (Souls) is a console game at it's core. It's having an AAA title that caused dumbing down. The sheer cost of an AAA title means it has to cater to everyone to sell a lot. Same stuff happened with movies, the higher the cost to make it the more it has to sell. That's capitalism at work!

STALKER isn't a huge franchise yet though, and the team knows what they have. I wouldn't worry. This isn't an AAA franchise trying to appeal to everyone, it's a niche product and they know their audience.

It's not the engine that worries me, it's the little Xbox logo in the corner. How dumbed down is the game going to be to make it console friendly?

Tbh STALKER doesn't have too many complicated mechanics to dumb down in a move to consoles. I would be worried about graphical
options and such - but we know it's Unreal so it seems unlikely the PC version will be crippled in that regard.
Similarly, Metro was also released on consoles and apart from the shit default FOV I don't think it suffered from being released there.

Tbh STALKER doesn't have too many complicated mechanics to dumb down in a move to consoles.

I just can't think about the Stalker series without thinking of inventory management and a keyboard and mouse. Can't think how I would manage my inventory with a controller.

I just can't think about the Stalker series without thinking of inventory management and a keyboard and mouse. Can't think how I would manage my inventory with a controller.

It would certainly be tedious that's for sure lol.

but that is what they would do, scale down inventory to be EZ mode.

but that is what they would do, scale down inventory to be EZ mode.

It wasn't as complex, but Deus Ex Human Revolution had a similar inventory and it was also on consoles.

Honestly the inventory of STALKER could use a rework anyways. The ammo balancing in the original game was off (well, a lot of things were). I remember throwing ammo away because I couldn't carry enough. If they're going to insist on inventory management they should add magazines to. So you need to collect enough magazines of each type and you can't refill them until you get to a resting spot. Would make long exploration, fights or crossing exceptionally bad areas take its toll. No more magical full magazines after firing 10 shots and reloading. Would help minimize the seemingly endless ammo problem if your 7 magazines are holding something like 12, 15 or 6 rounds each after you've been out for a while.

It wasn't as complex, but Deus Ex Human Revolution had a similar inventory and it was also on consoles.

Honestly the inventory of STALKER could use a rework anyways. The ammo balancing in the original game was off (well, a lot of things were). I remember throwing ammo away because I couldn't carry enough. If they're going to insist on inventory management they should add magazines to. So you need to collect enough magazines of each type and you can't refill them until you get to a resting spot. Would make long exploration, fights or crossing exceptionally bad areas take its toll. No more magical full magazines after firing 10 shots and reloading. Would help minimize the seemingly endless ammo problem if your 7 magazines are holding something like 12, 15 or 6 rounds each after you've been out for a while.

so you want Stalker merged with Tarkov

I want the next Stalker to have a lot of features that were implemented with the Misery mod for CoP. Hands down my ultimate favorite playing of any of the Stalker games, I cant play CoP without that overhaul and the other two just feel hollow and half thought out.

But in any case, I will hop on number 2 like a kid in a bounce house on sugar.

so you want Stalker merged with Tarkov

That would be too crazy where you have to seemingly hunt for basic parts. I'd just go for magazines and maybe more ammo types. STALKER already had ammo types originally, I don't mind them expanding it a bit slightly.

Crap like grips and having to find the top cover for your AK is just dumb. IMO.

That would be too crazy where you have to seemingly hunt for basic parts. I'd just go for magazines and maybe more ammo types. STALKER already had ammo types originally, I don't mind them expanding it a bit slightly.

Crap like grips and having to find the top cover for your AK is just dumb. IMO.

no not the hunting for stuff, just the inventory aspect of it like reloading magazines and ammo counts, that kind of stuff. Tarkov you can load a magazine how ever you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back