S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2: Heart of Chernobyl

GSC Game World is implementing NFTs in the game. You may say "no big deal" to the scope of it in this case, but it is a slippery slope that we don't want to start down.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/12/15/22834567/stalker-2-nfts-metahuman-dmarket
Mark Zuckerberg / Bill Gates mutant as the Wish Granter confirmed! LOL.

I really don't care what dumb people spend their money on, if it doesn't affect the story or the way the game performs I could care less. Counting on the Modding community to gut the game anyway.

Last edited:
You should definitely play Stalker Anomaly, I can't praise it enough, its free and it combines all the Stalker games together. Its very stable and I haven't run across any bugs. There are lots of cool addons (mods) as well to enhance your experience, (stick to the ones put out in 2021)
https://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-anomaly
Are you playing the Escape from Pripyat mod conversion for Anomaly? I just started it and it's pretty intense so far.

Are you playing the Escape from Pripyat mod conversion for Anomaly? I just started it and it's pretty intense so far.
I've seen that one floating around, but im not using it. I'll check it out.

I downloaded a mod pack off of Moddb but I think it was deleted, can remember the name "Custom Anomaly, Anomaly HD" something like that, and I'm using the Piknik reshade.

I've seen that one floating around, but im not using it. I'll check it out.

I downloaded a mod pack off of Moddb but I think it was deleted, can remember the name "Custom Anomaly, Anomaly HD" something like that, and I'm using the Piknik reshade.
EFP is a good option for me since I always get too ambitious when left to my own devices and install too many mods and get conflicts. EFP isn't perfect (it's crashed 3-4x over about 10 hours and a few things are bugged) but it's running pretty well for the most part and the install is straightforward and well documents so you can't screw it up, and the mod is a significant overhaul to Anomaly, so there's a lot of newness to enjoy. And it's tough as hell. The low level bandits tried to set up an ambush on me, with one hiding in the bushes. Too bad for him that I saw him first. But I was impressed. You have to be careful and plan ahead in combat.

Needless to say /r Stalker on Reddit is not happy about the NFT thing..
https://www.reddit.com/r/stalker/comments/rgzdwt/oh_boy/
There's even talk of storming GSG Headquarters in Kyiv

I suppose I'll be joining the Bandit faction...
Yeah, I knew nothing about this and then saw a post with 1K comments over there... Yikes.
Grygorovych is kind of a known money-grubbing scumbag so I'm not really surprised.

From the sound of things this is really only endangering GSC's reputation and the pockets of whatever chumps bid on the privilege of getting themselves turned into an expendable NPC.

I'll reserve judgement until I read the game reviews.

https://twitter.com/stalker_thegame/status/1471620399997886472?s=21

FGw-ZIOXwAwktwe?format=jpg.jpg

Basically it's a certificate of authenticity for digital media, showing ownership of original content. The concept is pretty silly and another way for pyramid schemes to bamboozle people out of money.

“Ownership”. I don’t think NFT certificates are even legally recognized as owning something so there’s literally nothing preventing people from selling the same “item” to multiple people.

“Ownership”. I don’t think NFT certificates are even legally recognized as owning something so there’s literally nothing preventing people from selling the same “item” to multiple people.
Exactly, which is why it's such a silly concept, especially for items that have multitudes of identical copies like shoes, gifs, online artwork ect...

I can see lawsuits abound because people will try to sell multiples of the same item they have the NFT for.

Exactly, which is why it's such a silly concept, especially for items that have multitudes of identical copies like shoes, gifs, online artwork ect...

I can see lawsuits abound because people will try to sell multiples of the same item they have the NFT for.

Yeah, it's all a Wild West right now, and no lack of folks doing their best to part other folks' money from their wallets, as usual (with good ol' snake-oil, conveniently relabeled for this modern age).

They originally posted this before deleting it, doubling down on the NFT concept:
View attachment 422799
This just shows they don't get it. F gameplay, there are much more serious reasons why everyone sane should avoid NFTs. Minimize environmental impact. That's like saying we are going to burn down this forest, but we use the most eco friendly flamethrowers to do it! Oh, and the people who we hired to do it, actually love forests! Pinky swear!

A new blockchain like Tezos consumes a millionth of the power that Bitcoin does. To put that into a perspective that's more understandable: it's about the same power consumption as ~100 households in the US. Thus, not even a spark compared to the eco friendly flamethrower. But now the question of - which blockchain are they using?

There's a rumor going around this is delayed til Q3 2022.

it's definitely going to be delayed...I never thought it was actually going to be released in April...all these big games will get at least 1 delay...I'm also looking forward to Atomic Heart (which hasn't revealed a release date yet)

Figures. Basically no media less than 4 months to release is pretty telling.

I would say this is "not a good sign" considering the original release date for this game was supposed to be in 2021.
But then, it seems like every single major/AAA title gets delayed multiple times these days and still releases in an unfinished state...

I just have to wonder if the delay is because they need to remove the NFT integration in the game, and doing so is going to break a bunch of things.

it's definitely going to be delayed...I never thought it was actually going to be released in April...all these big games will get at least 1 delay...

Delayed to December 8

as expected...I am a bit surprised it's getting delayed an additional 8 months but I'm glad they are being realistic and not delaying it 3 months and then announcing another delay etc...the game always sounded too ambitious for an April 2022 release

Good, last thing we need is another Cyberpunk 2077 disaster.
Exactly what I've been thinking. This game has the potential to be an even bigger disappointment to me than Cyberpunk was on release. If it meets my expectations I don't even care when it comes out, though I hope the December date holds.

Really bummed to hear of the 8 month delay. Was so looking forward to a new game to play this Spring.

But it being a new Unreal 5 engine game, and basically no gameplay video footage released, it did seem far fetched it was coming out in 3 months.

Probably needs the new RTX 4000 series card to run it smoothly, and those are due out this Fall.

Well, if Russia has their way, we may not even see a December launch.

Very disappointed. Was really looking forward to this, more than any other upcoming SP game.

Probably needs the new RTX 4000 series card to run it smoothly, and those are due out this Fall.

True about needing an RTX 4000, I bet this game will push hardware. But the part in bold, doubt it.

After waiting this long for a new stalker game it's better they take time to get the bugs out before they get crucified like 2077 did. We've waited this long what's another few months matter.

After waiting this long for a new stalker game it's better they take time to get the bugs out before they get crucified like 2077 did. We've waited this long what's another few months matter.
I agree. My only worry is that if the whole NFT fiasco was really an attempt to raise funds for development, we may get the Cyberpunk scenario if they are forced to release unfinished just to stave off financial ruin.

I agree. My only worry is that if the whole NFT fiasco was really an attempt to raise funds for development, we may get the Cyberpunk scenario if they are forced to release unfinished just to stave off financial ruin.
The NFT auction wouldn't have brought in enough money to make a significant difference in development at this point. I'm sure they're doing fine with Microsoft's exclusivity deal.

Back