S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2: Heart of Chernobyl

I would never play ShoC or CS without the "Stalker Complete" mods. I would *never ever dream* of playing CoP without Misery. I enjoy and like complete for CoP, but Misery..... it literally makes the game what *I* feel ALL stalkers should have been.

I can not stress enough, try CoP with the misery mod. It is..... astonishing. It SEEMS very complicated, but when you start actually looking at what it adds and how the things function, it really is not that difficult to understand the new things added, but many are essential. The different stoves to cook stuff, the parts to add to repairs, the ENTIRE repair system, its so much more "realistic" to me. And I *LOVE* it. Its hard, youll die a lot, but IT IS AMAZING.

Honestly I hope that Stalker 2 may have seen this mod and taken some things from it, because it is truly the greatest game mod I have ever played - and that includes the desert combat mod for BF 1942!!!

For COP: http://themiserymod.com/index.php/introduction/

The best feature is the "hidden" emission - you dont get notifications, you *HAVE* to *LISTEN* for the rumble of it oncoming, or the flare fired from a safe zone if you're relatively close. This is *AMAZING* for me. btw, after about two of them, you WILL hear them, and you WILL run like a bitch to safety. Youll invest in the quick pack drop item so you can make it to safety. Its terrifying to hear the roar and rumble of an emission when loaded down and far from a safe area.
Worst part is when the safe area you cna make...... is also a mutant spawn area :) - Also,nearly every stash you know and love? Different stuff. Those anabiotics that let you survive emissions? Nope. They are a LOT harder to get.
But when you ARE equipped in Misery, its awesome. Still VERY tough - dont go to Jupiter Factory without a *ton* of ammo and medkits - it is now hell. At its best its hell, at its worst, its what hell wishes it could be on the darkest day of existence.

Last edited:
I would never play ShoC or CS without the "Stalker Complete" mods. I would *never ever dream* of playing CoP without Misery. I enjoy and like complete for CoP, but Misery..... it literally makes the game what *I* feel ALL stalkers should have been.

I can not stress enough, try CoP with the misery mod. It is..... astonishing. It SEEMS very complicated, but when you start actually looking at what it adds and how the things function, it really is not that difficult to understand the new things added, but many are essential. The different stoves to cook stuff, the parts to add to repairs, the ENTIRE repair system, its so much more "realistic" to me. And I *LOVE* it. Its hard, youll die a lot, but IT IS AMAZING.

Honestly I hope that Stalker 2 may have seen this mod and taken some things from it, because it is truly the greatest game mod I have ever played - and that includes the desert combat mod for BF 1942!!!

For COP: http://themiserymod.com/index.php/introduction/

The best feature is the "hidden" emission - you dont get notifications, you *HAVE* to *LISTEN* for the rumble of it oncoming, or the flare fired from a safe zone if you're relatively close. This is *AMAZING* for me. btw, after about two of them, you WILL hear them, and you WILL run like a bitch to safety. Youll invest in the quick pack drop item so you can make it to safety. Its terrifying to hear the roar and rumble of an emission when loaded down and far from a safe area.
Worst part is when the safe area you cna make...... is also a mutant spawn area :) - Also,nearly every stash you know and love? Different stuff. Those anabiotics that let you survive emissions? Nope. They are a LOT harder to get.
But when you ARE equipped in Misery, its awesome. Still VERY tough - dont go to Jupiter Factory without a *ton* of ammo and medkits - it is now hell. At its best its hell, at its worst, its what hell wishes it could be on the darkest day of existence.
I played the Misery mod in one of its earliest builds. I think I'll fire up STALKER again and see what's new. 👍

Found this video of people actually traveling through The Zone. Its very long but worth the watch for the scenery. They go in to Pripyat eventually, always being on the lookout for Police. Apparently the Zone is more active these days.

Get out of here, STALKER

Hehe pepper good one. Yea misery was the toughest mod eva for any game I've played. How many times have you guys played through? I've seen at least 4 different endings that I recall.

...OK one more

These guys restore a apartment / Flat in Pripyat

I wonder why ID@Xbox made it private? Apparently they're the source.

I hope they don't take forever to finish development on this. I don't need to see the customizable teeth for every npc I murder.

I like the detail I see. Just hope it plays good. Weapons and characters have some great detail. Only problem I see is the MP5 has the ejection port on the wrong side.

The Stalker Misery mods are pretty tough, probably too tough. I remember just barely starting out and getting completely destroyed by a Snork in the starting area.

Yeah I can't imagine the Unreal Engine even with the AMD penalty being worse optimized than the X-Ray engine.

I just hope the A-Life system (optimized for multi-core) will make a triumphant return. A bunch of stalkers running around the world with you doing their own quests was one thing the mods got right.

The Stalker Misery mods are pretty tough, probably too tough. I remember just barely starting out and getting completely destroyed by a Snork in the starting area.

Its in the name what you can expect :)

But its a stupidly rewarding mod, you feel so awesome when you get your first brand new, full quality, decent weapon. Goodbye, 14% UDP I got from some dead bandit and counted my shots with because I had 27 rounds!

The more I see for Stalker 2, the more excited I am, just because its the game world again. I hope they get the atmosphere right. Just the atmosphere of ShoC gives me shivers. I have never played another game that gets me into its world like that game. Even CS and COP were great, but ShoC was.... damn near the perfect immersion.

Just the atmosphere of ShoC gives me shivers. I have never played another game that gets me into its world like that game. Even CS and COP were great, but ShoC was.... damn near the perfect immersion.

the fact that the game is based on a real place is what always made the game stand out in terms of atmosphere for me...if you look at videos of the actual Exclusion Zone it's creepy as hell and the game nails it...it's easy to imagine all sorts of crazy shit actually happening there

I didn't even know it was coming out this year...as a PC player I hate it but at least Microsoft will finally have a good exclusive
I could give a shit less that Microsoft has an exclusive. PC gamers will never forget when they snatched up Bungie to make Halo an Xbox exclusive, here we are 20 years later and they're still up to their old tricks. Fuck Microsoft and Fuck Bill Gates.

Well, we know now that Stalker 2 is going to be severely consolized. Hopefully community will fix it on PC.

Well, we know now that Stalker 2 is going to be severely consolized. Hopefully community will fix it on PC.

That was going to happen as soon as it was announced for console. But the same can be said for most shooters. Rainbow Six (lol Siege), Ghost Recon, Battlefield with Bad Company, you name it. I hope it allows mods.

According to the website, it is still coming to PC at the same time as Xbox.

Release date:

Which platform is S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 going to be released on?​

The game will have a simultaneous release on PC and Xbox Series X. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 will also enter Xbox Game Pass on console on day one.

Just means Sony players have to wait. I don't mind much. I'd prefer if exclusives didn't exist but they do. I hope this doesn't stifle Sony's attempts to port more games to PC. Clearly Microsoft is giving them some competition now which can change Sony's plans. If anything Microsoft console exclusives will hurt PC gamers by pushing Sony to keep their exclusives on PlayStation.

It doesn't say console exclusive. Microsoft brought all their gaming products and services under the Xbox brand at the end of last year, meaning "Xbox Exclusive" just means exclusive to Microsoft platforms and services. The only place where console is mentioned is for Game Pass, which says the game will only be available on Game Pass for cloud and console. Now whether or not that means the game will be sold on just Microsoft Store on PC remains to be seen.

Oh, you can definitely count on the modding community to cure any consolitis-related issues with the PC version.

Just glad to hear we won't have to wait "When it's done" + 3 months like those other chumps...

I'd think they would have worded things differently than 'timed Xbox exclusive' if it indeed released on Windows at the same time as Xbox, regardless if Xbox may or may not include Windows in Legalese-talk.

Until it's confirmed otherwise I'll assume Xbox exclusive means no Windows for 3 months, aka Windows release around end of March or April or May 2022. About a year to go! (Add 6-12 months if the devs follow the typical "release game in beta stage, patch to a workable and enjoyable version over course of a year" approach that's common nowadays)

Who are we kidding, modern games are full of encryption, DRM, blablabla.

I think this will be the case. UE4 - great, easy to mod. But will people even be able to mod it? I doubt it. Devs just don't supply modding tools anymore, and lock down games.

I think this will be the case. UE4 - great, easy to mod. But will people even be able to mod it? I doubt it. Devs just don't supply modding tools anymore, and lock down games.
giphy.gif

Back